What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Help a noob pls!

Stoof

So maybe I didn't go about this the right way. Went to my local vape shop and after getting some advice left with a cleito 120 pro and an ipower 80w. The girl in the shop filled and set it up for me, and I started experimenting at 80w. Everything was going grand until later that night when it started gurgling and spitting towards to end of a hit. I've tried everything I could find online but nothing has corrected the problem. Is it likely I could have somehow rubbered the coil in under 6 hours? Should I just bring it back into the shop?

What wattage are you using it at? The 120 is for higher wattage than the normal cleito and you might not be chucking enough power through the coil.

Edit: I see now you're using it at 80w. That's right at the top of what the ipower can put out so maybe not enough for the coil. You might be better getting a normal cleito and running it at 50w

They set me up to start at 40w, will it clear up if I up the wattage? What would you recommend?

Hi and welcome to the planet.
I think you've already noticed you are running before you can walk.

Imagin buying a car and flooring it to max revs every time you get in it.
You really need headroom so the shop shouldnt really sold a 80w mod with a tank that can go higher.
Of your happy with 80w then you really need to think about another mod and go with the flow of the norm now of a 220w but then you will need 4 batteries and an external charger to add to the list.

Now I've not got the ipower but I believe the majority of these that were bought were used for mouth to lung at 10-15watts so lasted a good couple of days.

Gurgling. As I e not got the cleito pro I'm guessing it's flooded and that could b due to not enough wattage. If you can get the coil out without wasting the juice that's already in the tank just wrap the coil in kitchen towel to soak up the excess juice and try it again.

As already stated, the tank and mod aren’t a great combination - the tank needs more power than the mod can provide. Although it’s showing 80w on the screen, you’re only realistically going to get that when the mod is fully charged. That’s probably why it’s started gurgling, as your battery power has decreased from use, it’s not giving the full 80w. Personally I would go back to the shop, as you’ve been sold 2 items that don’t really work together, and whoever sold them should’ve known that. Nothing wrong with either the tank or mod, just not as a combination. Welcome to the forum :)

Appologies, I said in my 1st post I was running at 80w yesterday, that was incorrect, it was only 40 yesterday. Running it at 70w now (the coil says 60-75 which I wish I has seen yesterday) it sounds better but still a little fuzzey and can taste a bit round my lips after a hit, which I'm guessing isn't good. Should I try changing out the coil, or just head back to the shop?

Welcome to the forum Stoof

I had the same experience when I started and was sold (or miss sold) a kit that they wanted to sell me rather than what I needed, but you've come to the right place for advice, the above advice is spot on so I would be straight back to the shop and attempt to get a better mod (or better still a refund).

Which coils did they sell you? it should say on the side the wattage range.

Been back to the shop. They refused me a refund and the best they would offer me was new 60-75 coil, which I didn't take. They claim that they didn't miss sell as "nobody uses the 100-120 coil" and would not except that the continual flooding and spitting of the 60-75 was due to the 80w was anything to do with strain on the mod. They actually got quite agressive about it, finally got a manager on the phone and he was exactly the same, just tell me I was wrong and I should have done my research before coming into store, he even rang me 20 minutes later to argue with me further. The 2 coils came with the cleito 120 pro and I would have expected them to both work with the mod I was sold after explicitly telling them I was a complete noob.

Going to take a look at my consumer rights, but I really can't be causing myself too much stress over this. Any advice how to make the best of the situation?

If you were running it at too low a power all yesterday, the coil has probably become oversaturated with juice as there was not enough heat to vapourise it. This leads to spitting and gurgling as you found out.

It will take a while to clear out the excess juice vaping it at a higher power, so you will still get a bit of spitting and gurgling for a while. The recommended wattage is enough to vapourise what's in the cotton properly, but may not be enough to clear the excess very quickly.

Get some kitchen roll and hold it over the drip tip, or just go outside, hold the mod tightly, and use a "chopping" motion (a bit like as if you were hammering something hard, or chopping wood) to flick the excess juice out of the coil.

Any decent shop should have at least suggested this.

Then see if that settles it down after a few more drags on it.

Last edited:
Oh, and find a better shop :)

Any shop where you go in explaining you are a total novice and then later tells you that you should have researched before going in needs a kick up the ass.

They haven't technically mis-sold, the coils are within the range of the mod, it's not ideal but it should work ok.

But their attitude stinks and to make yourself feel a little better you could always name and shame them here because of their attitude, especially that of the manager phoning you back and having a go. That's not how customer service is supposed to work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom