What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

HCigar VT133 mod - can't get an atty recognised on it

Deaf Vaper

Veteran
Heya...another query..been having trouble gettting this functional Hcigar mod to accept any tank, no matter what it is. I tried nigh on a dozen tanks on it...it just keeps saying "check atty" on the screen. All the tanks work fine on other mods, so t's not them. Tried taking the batteries out...putting back in again..turning it on...and no avail. I haven't got a instruction manual with this mod..so have just been fiddling around with the few buttons on it...just can't get the darn thing to work!

Was working fine a few days ago, but took the tank that was on t, for clean out, but kept the coil as that was fine, put it all back together again, screwed it on...and now it won't accept it! That tank has been on that mod for weeks!

Clearly..this is one of those 'tricky' ones, that needs telling that it has a 'new' tank on it..but i dunno how to do it....pain in the bum!

Anybody got this mod?

Tried pushing the pin down on the mod with a pair of ceramic tweezers? Hope it's just trapped.

Tried pushing the pin down on the mod with a pair of ceramic tweezers? Hope it's just trapped.

Just checked the pin, seems to be well stuck down, so that would appear to be the problem. Can't free it though....could be a broken spring maybe? It's not had that much use, so am surprised it's stuck already.

I'm not sure how you'd release it tbh, maybe a wiggle with some kinda of screwdriver? Lets be honest, if it's fecked you might as well have at it!!

I'm not sure how you'd release it tbh, maybe a wiggle with some kinda of screwdriver? Lets be honest, if it's fecked you might as well have at it!!

Tryin', it's well jammed! Can i use penetrating fluid on it? Or will that truely knacker it?!

Hmmm, I'd be slightly concerned with any kind of liquid getting onto the circuitry but then again, moderation is maybe the key here.

If i had a small enough hex bit 1mm i think, i could undo the 510 plate, and maybe gain access to the pin, but only got a 2mm! Bugger!

I wonder if you have any recourse to repair? Like there's a couple of the guys here who could perhaps sort this... I'd hold off on the nuclear option for now.

Well, i can't shift it..that 510 pin is fecked. The mod would be fine, if i can replace it..but is it worth it?

Last edited:
Ah feck it! I'll get a different new one..i don't even like this bloody mod anyway!!!!

Back
Top Bottom