What's new

Goon V1.5 setup

Murat_Cyp

Postman
Hi Guys,

I got a very good deal on this RDA couple of months ago and I am using it since. The problem is the flavour. I tried many different setups but I am not completely satisfied with the flavour since this RDA supposed to be best or one of the best RDA for flavour.

I tried putting coils at different heights, fully in line with airflows, slightly raised, more raised (only bottom half half of the coil could be seen from the air flows), even higher (just the bottom of the coils could be seen). I tried putting coils close to airflow, close to the centre post. I tried SS coils, nicrome, kanthal, hybrid (kanthal/nicrome) coils. I tried claptons, fused claptons, staggered claptons, fused staggered claptons, framed claptons, flaptons, aliens, juggernauts etc... I tried cotton bacon, jelly fish cotton. Still the flavour is not as intense as kylin mini rta...

I do not know where I am doing it wrong. It will be great if you can post some pictures of your Goon 1.5 setups so I can see what everybody else is doing before I start looking for another RDA.

Thanks for your time.

15238298441203733467280891059193.jpg
15238298782037829490412995396785.jpg

NiCr spaced. And I shut down the airflow usually only a quarter of the possible air flow available.. It's an airy tank so unless running monster coils I find its best to keep it tighter for flavour.

View attachment 157853 View attachment 157854

NiCr spaced. And I shut down the airflow usually only a quarter of the possible air flow available.. It's an airy tank so unless running monster coils I find its best to keep it tighter for flavour.

Thank you! I never tried simple coils. May be that's the trick, just to use simpler coils with reduced airflow. I keep airflow 60%-70% open with 80W-110W with 0.13-0.27 ohms.

Thank you! I never tried simple coils. May be that's the trick, just to use simpler coils with reduced airflow. I keep airflow 60%-70% open with 80W-110W with 0.13-0.27 ohms.

I am down at 40 -60 w with much less airflow to keep the vapour density high . In my experience high density is more important than sheer cloud size for flavour . Maybe just try shutting your air down a bit ?

Few things to try and consider.

Have you tried different liquids to make sure its not a simple case of vapers tongue ?

My go-to build on the goon 1.5 is a 4/5 wrap alien coil at 4mm ID. Its not a very efficient build but that's given me the best flavour. Just be careful when positioning the coils to make sure none of it will touch the inner chamber as it can happen quite easily with a coil that big, especially if using round wire. The wire I use is a flat stainless steel alien wire but your flapton should do the job too.

As for positioning of the coils I position them as far away as possible from the posts which to be honest isn't that far due to the afore mentioned diameter of the coils and as for height, I tend to align the bottom part of the coil with the air flow. I never space the coils on my RDA's as I find the flavour suffers a bit but some like to do it so its a case of trial and error to see what works for you.

Leave the airflow 60-80% open and avoid dripping directly on to the coils and aim for the posts from where the liquid will dribble down to the juice well and gets picked up by the wicks. You can dump a droplet or 2 on the coils but don't go nuts as otherwise you might get a lot of spitback.

I use the Vandy Vape Bonza these days myself with the same build and find it beats the goon in flavour but not by a massive difference.

Few things to try and consider.

Have you tried different liquids to make sure its not a simple case of vapers tongue ?

My go-to build on the goon 1.5 is a 4/5 wrap alien coil at 4mm ID. Its not a very efficient build but that's given me the best flavour. Just be careful when positioning the coils to make sure none of it will touch the inner chamber as it can happen quite easily with a coil that big, especially if using round wire. The wire I use is a flat stainless steel alien wire but your flapton should do the job too.

As for positioning of the coils I position them as far away as possible from the posts which to be honest isn't that far due to the afore mentioned diameter of the coils and as for height, I tend to align the bottom part of the coil with the air flow. I never space the coils on my RDA's as I find the flavour suffers a bit but some like to do it so its a case of trial and error to see what works for you.

Leave the airflow 60-80% open and avoid dripping directly on to the coils and aim for the posts from where the liquid will dribble down to the juice well and gets picked up by the wicks. You can dump a droplet or 2 on the coils but don't go nuts as otherwise you might get a lot of spitback.

I use the Vandy Vape Bonza these days myself with the same build and find it beats the goon in flavour but not by a massive difference.

Yeah I tried different flavours. Actually, I am trying goon RDA and vany vape kylin mini at the same time with same liquid and setup to see the flavour difference.

My coils are 3mm may be i should try to wrap some 4mm. I used spaced coils to avoid dry burn. Other than that I do exactly same as you.

Back
Top Bottom