What's new

Getting the nozzle lid off some short fill bottles, ridiculously hard!

StevenC

Postman
Hey guys,

Just picked a new juice up and some nic (same make as my candyfloss but different flavour in the bargain bin)

Anyway the first bottle, candyfloss I couldn't get the fill lid off with the little funnel on it.

Ended up just cutting half of the nozzle off so I could squeeze the nic into a wider nozzle.

Now I'm in the same predicament, exact same bottle.

What's the best way to get the damn thing off?

15260481065102007494643.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Try going around the rim with a small flat head screwdriver pushing up as you go.
Sometimes you can use your thumbnail.
I've sometimes held it between my knees with one hand, and pulled upwards with a pair of pliers gripping the nozzle. This is a last resort as sometimes the nozzle gets pulled off.

Devine intervention is what. They never used to be so bad but I end up butchering the ends trying to take them of then i have to cut the nozzle flush which works great for filling tanks quicker. A pitta for using with drippers.

Putting a sheet of tissue or a cloth over the nozzle and using plyers to lift it of is the best I could come up with but it's hit and miss.

I just cut the nozzle off and decant into another bottle ive lost loads of juice trying to get the caps off and the wet patch on your jeans lasts hours. Not a great look to be honest.

Try going around the rim with a small flat head screwdriver pushing up as you go.
Sometimes you can use your thumbnail.
I've sometimes held it between my knees with one hand, and pulled upwards with a pair of pliers gripping the nozzle. This is a last resort as sometimes the nozzle gets pulled off.

Devine intervention is what. They never used to be so bad but I end up butchering the ends trying to take them of then i have to cut the nozzle flush which works great for filling tanks quicker. A pitta for using with drippers.

Putting a sheet of tissue or a cloth over the nozzle and using plyers to lift it of is the best I could come up with but it's hit and miss.

Thanks guys, I'm glad it's not just me.

Pretty crap that it's this hard though, I was kind of hoping it was just me and there was a simple way to get them off.

I just cut the nozzle off and decant into another bottle ive lost loads of juice trying to get the caps off and the wet patch on your jeans lasts hours. Not a great look to be honest.

Gonna have a go with the pliers I think. Probably just do it naked too now lol

A butter knife under the edge and prise up, if possible.

Or squash it between a door and the doorframe and it pops out.

Gonna have a go with the pliers I think. Probably just do it naked too now lol
If your gonna use plier put a cocktail stick in the nozzle to stop you flattening the tube when you pull it off. You might have to cut off a tiny bit of the nozzle to make the stick fit

Screwdriver worked wonders guys thanks for the tips.

I think there is far too much of a rim on the inside of them having just got it off.

It's about half an inch long. Pliers felt like I was going to just rip the nozzle clean off.

There was a problem a while back with these nozzles being loose, coming off and dumping the contents of the bottle when being squeezed upsidedown. I think they have gone the other way now.

Back
Top Bottom