What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

First time...my instinct says tobacco liquid

We can all offer advice and recommendations but you will have to try it for yourself.

I would consider picking up a few different flavours, including a tobacco and both 12mg and 18mg. There is no right answer, we are all different.

I think nic salts are vile too, so you need to try that too.

Just start slow and don't buy too much of anything at first.

This is the advice I wish I got when I started vaping

and please don't get me wrong - am not pushing you to buy anything, I am just sharing my experience. Maybe if you do the opposite to what I am suggesting will be the best experience for you :)

Only you know what you want, what you like, what's your budget and what you want to do - I just hope we can help you to stay away from stinkies whether you are using nets or not, pods or tanks, cheap chinese mods or crazy price dicodes stuff!!!

I think it depends a lot on your situation too... if you work in an office or a shop and you can only vape on your 15min 'smoke break' then you might want higher nicotine than if you are able to vape whenever you feel the need to.

I started on 18mg tobacco. Didn't find it that satisfying for long. Prefer dessert tobaccos now.

Some stonking advice guys thanks a lot.

I ended up getting the Caliburn G and had the freebies. I also ordered the Juice Cabin American Virginia Flue Cured. I just need something basic to make the switch, and then I'll dive in and experiment. @mindboy, I appreciate your advice. I will investigate your advice and try and understand all the new terms at the same time!

I'm just a little nervous following 40 odd years of smoking. But this is the first time I've actually wanted to quit. Mainly inspired by my wife who really does need to quit. I'm not putting pressure on myself though. If I grab a crafty cig smoke then I won't beat myself up. It's just the start of the journey now, but I know where I want to end up.

Thanks again.

Some stonking advice guys thanks a lot.

I ended up getting the Caliburn G and had the freebies. I also ordered the Juice Cabin American Virginia Flue Cured. I just need something basic to make the switch, and then I'll dive in and experiment. @mindboy, I appreciate your advice. I will investigate your advice and try and understand all the new terms at the same time!

I'm just a little nervous following 40 odd years of smoking. But this is the first time I've actually wanted to quit. Mainly inspired by my wife who really does need to quit. I'm not putting pressure on myself though. If I grab a crafty cig smoke then I won't beat myself up. It's just the start of the journey now, but I know where I want to end up.

Thanks again.
If you can stave off the nicotine cravings with vaping then the job is done.
Not sure if it's covered in the above posts but if you take to it and I'm sure you will then bare in mind that if something goes wrong with your vape, ie it breaks or you lose it or something, the AA or RAC can't help you.
The moment you realise you're getting on with it remember to consider picking up a spare set up.
Good luck btw :2thumbsup:

@StrawberryRipple - second device is good shout! Nothing worse than nicotine craving and dead pod battery :crying:

@liquidmuse - check out giveaway section, there is always something going on :)

And some great deals to be had in classifieds section once you are eligible

Also check out "
LIST OF TRUSTED E LIQUID & HARDWARE Suppliers" thread as well as"Discount codes" thread to save some money in the process

Last edited:
It can seem a little overwhelming at first - there are a lot of acronyms like RTA, RDA, TPD, etc, that get thrown about. The good news is that you don’t need to understand any of that to get off the cigarettes!

/\/\/\ I refer you to my previous answer - start basic. I think 12mg would probably be about right, but you really have to experiment a little at the start. I used to smoke menthol rollies, but I hate menthol vapes. Keep an open mind, what you like may take you by surprise :)

Back
Top Bottom