What's new

First time building an RDA, muted flavour on Mongrel.

Muji = sheep's arse. Take it from a Welshman. ;)
Talk about subjective, there's no accounting for taste is there?
I swear some vapers were rather dodgy shepherds in a previous life ... :rotflmao:

Muji = sheep's arse. Take it from a Welshman. ;)
Talk about subjective, there's no accounting for taste is there?
I swear some vapers were rather dodgy shepherds in a previous life ... :rotflmao:
The thing is, I think CB tastes like chemicals when it's fresh, I don't get that with muji. I tried yorkshire vapers FUZZ, that tastes like I'm sucking on a piece of cotton wool for a short while and kind of gives me dry mouth, I don't get that with muji. With muji it does sometimes have a slight taste but only when it's really jammed in the coil, using what I consider the "right amount" it has absolutely no taste at all. Maybe it depends on the kind of flavours you use, maybe my sense of taste is completely ruined, who knows.

i’m not even half way through the bag of japanese labo i bought in 2016 :D
I bought a shitload of various cottons in 2016 for comparison testing which I'm still working my way through ... a bucket of Fuzion will probably get hit next ...

i think there is a lot of delusion when it comes to cotton. for my preference there’s no need to try any cotton other than labo. muji is a bit too compressed, the looser structure and long strands of labo are perfect for me.

the only thing that has ever caused me to experience a taste of damp socks or anything along those lines has been certain types of wire.

maybe delusion isn’t the right way to describe it. but i don’t think there is any factual basis to believe that the fancy types of cotton are any more useful for us than regular cheap types of cotton.

the only thing that has ever caused me to experience a taste of damp socks or anything along those lines has been certain types of wire.

You've obviously forgotten about those flv tobaccos, there's a damp sock in there somewhere.

maybe delusion isn’t the right way to describe it. but i don’t think there is any factual basis to believe that the fancy types of cotton are any more useful for us than regular cheap types of cotton.
I'd agree. I always prep cotton the same way ... open out the fibres before rolling. They all seem to work well if you prep them the same way ... except Muji. :puke:

also notice that one wick tail is discolouring, which might be because it's picking up condensate, maybe just from the way you tilt the atty when vaping. It might also indicate that your wicking is not evenly balanced. That condensate will not do anything for flavour, only hasten the time to replace the wick and clean the coil.

You should have a look at this @Courier5ive it’s the first thing I noticed on your photos. If one side of your wick is saturated and the other dry then it does indicate a wicking issue. Given the size of the coil you are using you need to make sure that the cotton you are running through the coil is snug and tight but not so tight that it starts to disfigure the coil. Second, fold the wicks into the deck. You want the ends touching the deck but you also want to get air around and below the coil. Finally, for me anyway, you’ve got too much power going though a single coil. 40-50w is more than enough.

As others have said it’s trial and error. When I started I thought wicking looked dead easy but I was useless at it for ages. Even now I get it wrong using too much or not enough cotton. You’ll get there if you keep trying.

Back
Top Bottom