What's new

First time build not complete success

Fazz711

Achiever
DSC_0509.JPG DSC_0511.JPG Got my new RTA from @scottish-jim thanks again mate.

Wound first coil and binned it lol.
Realised what I did wrong not enough tension on it while winding it.
Second go OK not perfect but OK.
Aimed for 0.8 got 0.85 so Prity close.
Fiered it up got good even glow.

Put cotton in soaked the cotton fired again all OK.

Then made mistake of putting it together and going out to take dog for walk.

Took it with me to try and first couple of puffs good nice flavour and even though low w it's OK.
So know it will get better with a little more w after bedding in.

Then all starts to go wrong noticed a little leak at the air hole oh dear took another puff and it's a bit gurgly next thing I know hands covered in juice and it's emptied the tank course I have put the bubble glass on so its everywhere.

Luckily being responsible dog owner had some bags with me.

Any way what have I done wrong.
Thinking to much cotton and its wicking to fast to much?

Probably not enough cotton in the juice wells..

I twist the cotton, pull it through the coil (there should be some resistance that pulls the coil slightly, but not enough to distort it), trim cotton - feed cotton into wells (the wells should be full but not tightly packed). Juice it, assemble tank and go.

Don't forget to CLOSE OFF THE AIRFLOW and or JUICE CONTROL before filling.

RTAs can be a bit of a dark art. And you probably WILL screw up first few times. But a rule of thumb is - leaks = not enough Cotton in juice wells. Dry hits = juice wells too tightly packed.

For your first few tries - only put about 1ml in the tank and only completely fill it when youre confident you've got it right..

You'll get there, but I don't think anyone gets it right first time, so don't stress

+1 not enough cotton in the juice wells or you thinned the tails a little too much.

Question, what cotton you using and what ID coil?

+1 not enough cotton in the juice wells or you thinned the tails a little too much.

Question, what cotton you using and what ID coil?
3mm not a clue on the cotton can't remember at the moment if it was in the coilmaster kit or if it was one of the ones @scottish-jim sent me.

Will try and check later

Another thing to look out for is cotton resting on the air inflow of the deck, juice will follow the path of least resistance and loves to escape through the air inlet.

I just give it a little nudge underneath.

All good advice above. Does take a bit of practice and experimentation. Hope you manage to nail it mate. Keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom