What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

First attempt at RTA with Ammit MTL a disaster!

baldeagle

Initiate
I really hope you guys can help me because my experience so far switching from my Nautilus to an Ammit MTL RTA has been an extremely unpleasant one.

I'm sure that I've set up the coil and wick correctly. I have all the air holes open. For the first 2 or 3 draws everything seems fine, then I'm hearing some gurgling and suddenly all the juice in the glass quickly disappears and re-appears in my mouth.

I've tried this 3 times now with the same result each time, I've had so much nicotine in my mouth I feel like I've smoked a pack of Camels! I just can't figure out what's going wrong.

I see that the chimney has threads and screws down onto the deck. Presumably it's supposed to seal out juice from the deck area? Is there supposed to be an o-ring under the chimney threads?

It certainly seems like the suction is pulling juice up the chimney somehow instead of air!

Sounds like you flooded the deck, did you follow a build for the tank? Could simply be you don't have enough(or way too much) wick in the wicking channels, so more juice is making it's way in than desired. What is the coil build? Gauge, ohms, wraps, diameter and how many watts are you firing it at?

Some pics of your build will be helpful, but in the event that's not possible because the tank is filled with juice, more info about your build will do.

With any RTA build i'd always advise testing the build with a small of amount of juice for the first couple of runs(rather than assuming it's all good or will be). When something doesn't work as expected, whether it be the wicking is wrong, the coil needs adjustment, the tank is leaking or whatever else, it's less of a pain if you only have to waste 1ml of juice before you can get back in and make corrrections.

Have a look at Daniels vid here for how he built it and note his comments toward the end about wicking and potential gurgling.

Looks like a great tank, i have the ammit 25 (a bit similar, and way more airy). I like the airflow design(just like the siren, but at the top instead).

Last edited:
I'm not sure what this means... 'did you follow a build for the tank?' so I guess the answer is no lol.

The coil is 1.8ohm 28ga 8 wraps 2.5mm dia firing on 13W. I've not really had chance to try other wattages because after only 2 draws the deck is full of juice, but last time I did turn it up to 20W before it flooded but it seemed to make no difference.

Here's a close-up pic... those threads seem to be the only thing between the juice and the air inlet, is that enough of a seal? There's no o-rings in this area at all. Presumably if juice gets through those threads it will create a vacuum and suck all the juice into the deck through the air inlet..
ammit.jpg

I have noticed that the airflow control setting makes hardly any difference to the draw, which is quite weird as on the Nautilus there was a huge difference. Even with all the airholes closed, |I| get almost the same airlfow as with all of them open. is this normal?

Last edited:
@baldeagle follow a build for the tank means have you watched a guide on how to coil wick your tank etc watch the above video it will guide you through how to build your tank

I can't speak to how that particular tank feels with different airflow settings, but adjustment on one or two holes should feel at least different to all holes open. I'm pretty sure you have about 9 wraps to come out at 1.8ohms on a 28ga (with Kanthal) wire, and you'll need a good 20W (with a 2W or so variance higher or lower depending how you like the vape) of that to suit.

Looks ok on wicking as far as i can see, how short did you cut the wick tails? Is it stuffed in there tight or floating about in there pretty loosely? Check out the video above and see if you can draw some comparisons to how you build might differ, i'd be inclined to say at least push the watts up a bit, and use some tissue(without firing the tank) down the mouth piece to try and clear out some excess juice.

@baldeagle follow a build for the tank means have you watched a guide on how to coil wick your tank etc watch the above video it will guide you through how to build your tank

Thanks, I've watched several vids about coiling and wicking, but didn't realise that folk made video's of specific RTA's. After watching this I'm pretty sure that I've done it correctly, but having just tried it one more time the same thing is happening, the deck simply gurgles and completely fills up with juice after the 3rd draw. Honestly I'm almost ready to sell all this expensive kit I've just bought and go back to stock coils... aaaaargh!

If I close up and completely seal off all the top air inlets with my fingers, am I correct in thinking this should create a vacuum with zero airflow through the mouthpiece? This doesn't happen and I can still suck air through no problem. Could this mean that air is getting in somewhere it shouldn't? With no vacuum seal, wouldn't this allow gravity to drop the juice into the deck through the wick holes?

I am probably clutching at straw here but it doesn't seem right that I can still get a draw with all the air inlet holes sealed up.

Work at it mate, tweak, try again, use small amounts of juice to test. Once you get one build working right you'll wonder why you ever paid silly money for stock coils and be able to build experience each time you build it.

omg this is getting ridiculous. I've now wicked this thing 10 times and I have used all that came with the Coilmaster kit.

I followed the video instruction very carefully. I've tried using less wick, more wick, shorter wick and longer wick... nothing works. As long as there is only juice in the bottom reservoir it's perfectly fine, but as soon as I add 1ml so that in the glass it is above the deck level, it completely floods every time. Surely this means that there has to be something wrong with this tank?

Would anyone be prepared to test it out for me? I would post it and send a return label of course. I really don't know what else to do.

Everything I’ve read about that rta suggests it’s terrible. Maybe you need to get something else and start again.

Back
Top Bottom