What's new

Fail at wicking coils.

Kitsune

Hi everyone!

Thanks for having me :)

I wanted to ask everyone's advice. I use a Wotofo Serpent SMM on a SMOK T-Priv but I can never seem to get my wicking quite right. I have premade staircase kanthals and standard SS and Ni200 coils at 0.25, 0.3 and 0.2 ohm respectively.

I've learned to really stick my cotton into my coils (without displacing the coil) and that has helped to a degree on the kanthals but if I get a good vape it seems to be entirely by luck than anything else. On the SS and Ni200 I cannot get a good vape at all. I wonder if it's because the coils are small in diameter...

I've been at it for a few months now on the kanthals and it's making me seriously want to go back to rip off Aspire or SMOK coils. The SS and Ni are recent attempts.

Here are a couple pics of my recent SS build. It was unusable.
I've tried it at 40W and 200C and neither works, it's horrid and burnt after more than a second of firing. The wick is always heavily saturated before hand. I'm ensuring I get a good even glow from the coil with no hotspots.

Thanks for your time :)

You can attach images to a post m8 rather that link to other URLs

Do you pulse your coils a little as you soak them,, let the heat draw the juicy goodness right down into the cotton

Here are the photos I tried to post :) You can see the cotton is already very brown despite being used minutes and drenched in e liquid.

Attachments

• JHxHptC.jpg
    JHxHptC.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 1Gv5y6K.jpg
    1Gv5y6K.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 79
I suggest cleaning the coils and using a little less cotton, the coils are dirty so the wick will be dirty quickly but if it's burnt within a second that suggests the wick inside the coil isn't saturated, if it isn't saturated, it's probably too tight to draw through.

Back
Top Bottom