What's new

Ejuice Viscosity

Sera509

Postman
I am still a relatively new vaper. I got my first set up at a shop I will no longer set foot in as their customer service isn’t particularly great. I am no longer using my initial set up or the second tank I had purchased and now have them up for sale. I am left with a few bottles of juice that are on the thinner end of the spectrum. Two of them I really should have returned as they are crap with almost no flavour, but it is made in house and they flavour them less when they are a lower nic level.

I am curious if I can still use the lower VG juices in my sub ohm tanks. I know how much it sucks to have too much VG in a tank with a 1.8 ohm coil, but wondering if there are any issues doing the opposite.

Thanks

I am still a relatively new vaper. I got my first set up at a shop I will no longer set foot in as their customer service isn’t particularly great. I am no longer using my initial set up or the second tank I had purchased and now have them up for sale. I am left with a few bottles of juice that are on the thinner end of the spectrum. Two of them I really should have returned as they are crap with almost no flavour, but it is made in house and they flavour them less when they are a lower nic level.

I am curious if I can still use the lower VG juices in my sub ohm tanks. I know how much it sucks to have too much VG in a tank with a 1.8 ohm coil, but wondering if there are any issues doing the opposite.

Thanks

Realistically? No, not really.

High PG is obviously alot thinner so may have slight leakage but I've used 50/50 in sub ohm with no issues at all. It matters more in the other direction, too high VG in MTL tanks can cause issues with wicking... Though again I've used 70/30 in PockX and Nautilus with no issues.

General, no.
It'll vape a little harsh due to the higher PG percentage. It may also be more prone to leaking due to the lower viscosity.

ive used 50/50 custards in subtanks with low ohm coils with no issues but those tanks are best with 70vg.
the other option is you could buy a couple of 10ml bottles of concentrate flavouring with roughly the same sort of flavour to give the kak juice a bit of a boost.
im not sure what sorts of DIY suppliers you have in Canada and also as i dont mix myself i wouldnt know which to recommend but someone will be able to advise.

It really depends, sub-ohm could be 0.99 or 0.10 and lower along with how much power you're pushing through it. It could be a little harsh but this depends on what you find harsh as well. Try it out and see. you could just add some extra VG in it to balance it out or/and like MrDJ says add a similar flavour concentrate in with it to boost the flavour. If the result is a bit rubbish but not horrible then stick it in your vehicle,workplace or similar as an "emergency" liquid, that way it has SOME use.

Thanks
hey sera...i have used 50/50 juice in sub ohm tank never had any leaking problems.as someone else said itcan be a bit harsh on the throat due to more %age of pg...ive also had some juices that are well below sub standard...heres a site i use alot some of the deals are phenominal.....https://vapebargains.co.uk/

Sera is in Canada so uk sites arent the best for her :)

vapebargains are good though for the rest of us.

Tip: If you're DTLing thin juice and you find it harsh, try dropping your nic strength and/or use creamy rather than acidic flavours.

Back
Top Bottom