What's new

Dry burn the coils or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't notice that pic and I don't know what to make of it.

It will give @zouzounaki a heart attack, 20 wicks for $6, and this time I agree with him.
Apparently it's to make wicking easier. In under a minute allegedly. Never mind that I can do it in 30 seconds with regular cotton. Lol

6 bucks. It's only 30c each. And you get a straw lookalike thingy too!

Video here for anyone with a short attention span :)
I think you'd need a pretty impressive attention span to make it through the 30 minutes it takes Mr Windy to simply tell you to pull your wire through a piece of wet kitchen paper before coiling with it.

I think you'd need a pretty impressive attention span to make it through the 30 minutes it takes Mr Windy to simply tell you to pull your wire through a piece of wet kitchen paper before coiling with it.

Lol

I'm recovering from a spell on the late shift and watched it for 2 minutes with the sound off.

In the end it was less effort to stop the video than turn the sound on.

Youtube videos baffle me. You’d get the impression there are people out there who would be able to do nothing for themselves if they didn’t have access to youtube instructional videos.

Video here for anyone with a short attention span :)

Can anyone explain to me how this would remove residue from SSFC or multi core fused claptons? You may (and you may not) remove residue from the outside wire but what about the up to 12 internal wires including round and ribbon claptons ultimately hidden inside behind 2 and sometimes even 3 staged outer wrapping wires?

Last edited:
I just changed my wick on my goon rda with dual SS316L fused clapton at 0.15ohms. I pulsed it with 30W and blow some air in the process then rewicked. That should do it. My SS coils are not shiny but I guess that is ok...
I think there may be as much or more harm in vaping caramelised juice that is baked onto coils. Burning that off removes that potential hazard and usually improves the flavour. So in the absence of recoiling at every wick change, it's possibly a better option than rewicking without dry burning.
I rebuild regularly but do dry burn often also. I find it's just as effective to do so at low wattages. Usually in the 10-18 watt range. Get some smoking, faintest of glows, once or thrice and then into the ultrasonic cleaner or just a quick rinse/brush cleans 'em up pretty good.

I like to give new coils a bit of a tempering rather than a burn as such. Low wattage, tiny puff of smoke, beginnings of colour changes in 316L, done. No glowing, but coils can taste bad otherwise, I find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom