What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Dry burn the coils or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
to me there's dry burning and gentle heating ..... I do the latter when I want to clean a coil a little before re-wicking, just enough to help burn the junk off but the coil probably doesn't get any hotter than in normal vaping use, so I don't really see the issue. There's no need to blast the fuck out a dry coil whatever you are trying to do.

Do you do the same with a new coil m8?

Do you do the same with a new coil m8?

depends what the coil is really ..... on my regular single wire spaced builds there's really no need to, if I'm using something else that might have hot spots or whatever, yeah I just pulse it very gently with as little power as possible. Bottom line is the coil metal degrades the more we use it and the higher temps it's heated to, so I don't intend to half wear it out before I've even vaped on it. ;)

depends what the coil is really ..... on my regular single wire spaced builds there's really no need to, if I'm using something else that might have hot spots or whatever, yeah I just pulse it very gently with as little power as possible. Bottom line is the coil metal degrades the more we use it and the higher temps it's heated to, so I don't intend to half wear it out before I've even vaped on it. ;)

Makes sense. Dam YouTube reviewers have coils glowing hot as I've been doing all this time. Thanks m8

No more please!

As well as the 7 I already have, I have 2 on the way from FT.

I really don't see how anything could improve on what I have, but I'm a cotton junky, I can't help myself.

How could you possibly turn down trying something so funky looking! :18:

Looks like you should suck on the end of it like a straw!

cotton.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom