What's new

Dry burn the coils or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed my wick on my goon rda with dual SS316L fused clapton at 0.15ohms. I pulsed it with 30W and blow some air in the process then rewicked. That should do it. My SS coils are not shiny but I guess that is ok...

Is he not Dr. Farsolinas? Does a metallurgist not have a PhD? And do you really know a doctor who would prefer you to smoke? :tongue:

I have no problem with anyone not wanting to dry burn their coils. As you said, each to their own. :2thumbsup:

Ok, they’re all doctors but I’d rather listen to the vaping doctors than some stupid gp. And if I didn’t vape I’d surely still smoke, so essentially that’s what it would come down to...! :P

Ok, they’re all doctors but I’d rather listen to the vaping doctors than some stupid gp. And if I didn’t vape I’d surely still smoke, so essentially that’s what it would come down to...! :P
Thing is, I'm really not disagreeing with you. The way the reviewers dry burn their coils, imho, is totally unnecessary and irresponsible. But I think there's a big difference between what they do and gently pulsing your coils.

Do you space all your coils? Do you never use contact coils? If so, how do you get rid of hotspots?

Is it better than cotton bacon?

In my opinion, yes. CB is just average - it works well with mid-range coils but can't cope at 100 watts.

In drippers I would use Kendo Gold. It's very tough and holds the juice so it doesn't spit.

Thing is, I'm really not disagreeing with you. The way the reviewers dry burn their coils, imho, is totally unnecessary and irresponsible. But I think there's a big difference between what they do and gently pulsing your coils.

Do you space all your coils? Do you never use contact coils? If so, how do you get rid of hotspots?

Spaced coils only for me, I just seem to prefer them. Always 30awg and usually 316L but occasionally ni80.

I also use Jelly Fish. Fantastic cotton. As is Coil Master Pro cotton.

Also recently started using Engeston which I don't rate over the above but rate higher than CB.

Yeah I also searched for kendo gold but they are difficult to find in stock. Perhaps I should consider kendo gold next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom