What's new

Dry burn the coils or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers :) Just ordered the coilmaster v3 kit so looking forward to experimenting. You guys have been amazing helping me to get a grip on how to start. So cheers! :beerchug

No probs - I’ve gleaned everything I know from here so I thought I’d join and return the favour :)

I always dry burn regardless of whether or not they're spaced. It burns off any residue from the manufacturing process and this can clearly be seen by the vapour created when dry burning a brand new coil. Personally, I don't want to vape that on my first drag. Having said that, I am a lot more careful when dry burning SS or Ni80 compared to Kanthal. Kanthal has been around for ever and is used in toasters and can take much higher temperatures than the other metal types. With Ni80 and SS I only pulse gently for a very short period just to remove any residue.

Had to jump in on this and let you know that you are incorrect. You have mistaken Kanthal for Nichrome. It's not Kanthal that has been around forever in toasters. It's Nichrome.

Had to jump in on this and let you know that you are incorrect. You have mistaken Kanthal for Nichrome. It's not Kanthal that has been around forever in toasters. It's Nichrome.
Yep, I was incorrect in this 3 year old thread and it is nichrome that is used in toasters.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the correction. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom