What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Dovpo Topside Lite Query.

Supergunn

Initiate
Hi Guys,
I have been vaping for a couple of years and decided to buy a squonker.
My new device arrived this morning a Topside Lite with Variant RTD.
It's absolutely fantastic.
I built the RDA with SS 316L single wire 24 AWG dual coil with 5 wraps each coil.
The build came out at 0.18 ohms.
The flavour and clouds are very good but I am vaping at 70w and I still don't feel it warm enough.
This is a single battery mod with a Max of 90w and has a single 18650 which I installed.
Mods.jpg

My other two mods are dual 18650 vaping at 0.33 ohm single coil 55w nice and warm. and 0.30 ohm single coil 45 watts nice and warm.
Is the battery I'm using too underpowered for a warm vape on my new single battery device.
I have ordered 2 new Samsung 21700 30T 35 amp batterys from Fogstar.
Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.

found similar myself, the 21700 made a bigger difference than i expected so fingers crossed that sorts your issue. if not, have you tried your variant on one of the other dual mods, just to see if its any warmer? if it isn't, then thats your answer

obviously change the pin over!!!!
Thanks for your help and advice.
I changed the RDA to my Voopoo Drag Dual and cranked the wattage up to 70w same as the Topside lite and it was warmer.
I think the 21700 battery will make a big difference.

no problem, just hope the 21700 works for you. I've got an original profile on my topside lite currently, .19 coil and at 60w it is warm so the mod is definitely capable :2thumbsup:

Pretty much covered but the 21700 battery makes all the difference.

The Profile is ideal on the Topside as you've discovered.

There's some cracking single coil RDA's around but enjoy your current setup for now, all too easy to stockpile new RDA's flavour chasing.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all your help and advice.
A wee update.
My new 21700 batteries arrived from Fogstar this morning and what a massive difference.
The 18650s that I was using were over a year old and were discharging rapidly.
They are now destined for the recycle bin.
I have ordered Molicell P26a's.
I replaced the Variant RDA with a Serpent which I got for a very good price and everything is now spot on.
I felt the Variant was a bit restricted on juice flow possibly due to the internal shut off screw.
I'm finding the new 21700 battery a very tight fit on the Topside lite but I presume this is normal.

Topside Lite was in my fav list for a while.. Well, now I think it's time to finally order it. And 21700 also. Nice review.

I have the Topside Single Squonker and always use the 21700 on it, it performs much better and the battery lasts longer that a 18650, I wish they had made the Topside Dual 21700 but only does 18650, saying that it's heavy enough with the 2 18650s.

Back
Top Bottom