What's new

do you have a favorite cotton for wicking?

Pie it is for supper then...
With a bit of Warburtons Wicking goodness for the gravy....:D

(Just to keep it on topic).

White or wholemeal @MavicP ? I think mother’s pride plain, the outsider, would be your best bet for wicking material. Cut the crusts off, mind, or your hair’ll go curly.

White or wholemeal @MavicP ? I think mother’s pride plain, the outsider, would be your best bet for wicking material. Cut the crusts off, mind, or your hair’ll go curly.
For pure moping up I think it has to be white. You want a sturdy crumb but without too much flavour so the gravy isn’t lost. However, my favourite pie gravy wick has to be a boiled potato crushed into the gravy to make it gravy mash. Mmm

Wholemeal or 50/50, my belt says no white bread....:18:
Jeez, not heard the 'curly hair' gag since I left home... when Noah was laying the keel...lol.

I'm a cotton junkie and buy every new cotton that comes along, and I wouldn't argue with you.

I have 4 that are outstanding - Kendo Gold, Shake and Vape, Angorabbit and Jellyfish.
Angorabbiit and Jellyfish. Give me some pointers on these ones mate. Are they worth it? Not tried them. Kendo Gold and Vapefly Firebolt are the only ones I use these days.

One of the guys I work with loves a pie sandwich! Pie Sandwich.jpg

Back
Top Bottom