What's new

do you have a favorite cotton for wicking?

greenbrucelee

Achiever
I have tried a few I don't like cotton bacon v2 or bacon prime, I dont think either last long after initially getting great flavour from. I tried some basic cotton that girls use for removing make up, have tried cottn threads which I dont seem to get any flavour from. My favorite is Kendo gold I think it lasts ages before gunking and needing replaced. I've never tried any muji or pad types before.

Not tried kendo gold but have tried a good few for me it’s cotton bacon quicker to break-in for me personally

Not tried kendo gold but have tried a good few for me it’s cotton bacon quicker to break-in for me personally

it does break in quick but I dont think it lasts long. Three to four days, I get a good week out of kendo and thats with 80vg juice

I stuck with bacon (regular and prime) for ages, because it was most reliable / forgiving of my crap beginner wicking.

Recently I started using my stock of fuzz, kendo gold and native wicks. I found kendo a bit hard work to get going initially, keep having to prod it with the dropper to get it saturated. But once it's going it's good.

My favourite ATM is the native. It's kind of stringy, which as a beginner I found hard to deal with and it put me off. But now I find it the quickest to wick with. You just whack it through the coil and job done. Minimal fluffing and combing.

I have to be honest, flavour wise I notice little difference between them. And longevity wise, they all crap out after a full day of manabushing.

I stuck with bacon (regular and prime) for ages, because it was most reliable / forgiving of my crap beginner wicking.

Recently I started using my stock of fuzz, kendo gold and native wicks. I found kendo a bit hard work to get going initially, keep having to prod it with the dropper to get it saturated. But once it's going it's good.

My favourite ATM is the native. It's kind of stringy, which as a beginner I found hard to deal with and it put me off. But now I find it the quickest to wick with. You just whack it through the coil and job done. Minimal fluffing and combing.

I have to be honest, flavourwise I notice little difference between them.

Best way I found to wick with kendo is once you have it through the coil do not fluff it like you do with other cotton just give it a very light once through comb with the tweezers, add juice then pulse then add juice then pulse and thats it.

Best way I found to wick with kendo is once you have it through the coil do not fluff it like you do with other cotton just give it a very light once through comb with the tweezers, add juice then pulse then add juice then pulse and thats it.

Ok, nice, I never tried that I'll give it a go. I guess the heat does something there. I found kendo pretty easy to wick with in the sense that you can just cram the coil nice and tight and it never seems to give dry hits.

I'm a cotton junkie and buy every new cotton that comes along, and I wouldn't argue with you.

I have 4 that are outstanding - Kendo Gold, Shake and Vape, Angorabbit and Jellyfish.

Ok, nice, I never tried that I'll give it a go. I guess the heat does something there. I found kendo pretty easy to wick with in the sense that you can just cram the coil nice and tight and it never seems to give dry hits.

I never get them anyway using temp control. When I say about juicing dont saturate it soak the part through the coil but just use a few drops on the parts that come out of the coils. If you squonk then you dont even need to do any of that.

Back
Top Bottom