What's new

Diy liquid problem

Jplc86

Hi all sorry if this has already been discussed i did search but couldnt find anything.
A friend of mine makes his own liquid with no problem and has talked me into trying it..
I brought everything from same place as he does and followed his instructions to make a 70/30 vg/pg mix and after a few drags it was burnt.. so i changed coil and tried again and after a few drags was burnt again..
Tried adding extra pg and turning watts down but still burnt..
So was advised to try a 50/50 mix and that seems to constantly have a slight burnt taste.
Any advice on how i can lose the burnt taste?
Thanks in advance

I tried that and with the 50/50 its still constantly burnt but only slightly.
And with the 70/30 its still the same after 3 or 4 drags or 1 or 2 big drags its burnt again

hi and welcome to the planet.

what mod,tank,coil are you using and at what wattage.
also priming the coil with juice first with a few drops on the cotton and then screw in tank. then start low and turn up each few puffs.
also what juice did you mix. fruits are usually shake and vape but custards,cream,desserts need a few weeks to steep so stuc in a dark draw and forgotten about.

Hi im using aspire skystar i believe its called with a cleito tank and 0.15 coils.. ive tried all different watts just to try and get rid of it.. fruit flavours ive tried.
Im assuming its a problem with the liquid or something im doing wrong when making it because its the same in my wifes ecig

Hi im using aspire skystar i believe its called with a cleito tank and 0.15 coils.. ive tried all different watts just to try and get rid of it.. fruit flavours ive tried.
Im assuming its a problem with the liquid or something im doing wrong when making it because its the same in my wifes ecig
After adding a new coil, are you letting it sit for about 5 mins before using it?

that's pretty low and i imagine you are vaping that on 70 watts minimum, have you added much sweetener? i'm guessing the viscosity of the liquid and the sweetener in the concentrates of what you added are burning, you need to be using 80 percent VG really for sub ohm at high watts. it's not fully the liquid though i bet if you fitted the 0.25 coils and lowered the wattage, whilst increasing the vg to 80 and watching the sweeteners and additives you would remove the problem.

After adding a new coil, are you letting it sit for about 5 mins before using it?
by the way - the clieto tanks are RENOWNED for having a burnt rubber band taste in 50 percent of the coils, i have had it before and my mum has it on her set up even though she can't taste it but i can strongly. i think some people are able to taste the disgusting burnt taste in a clieto and others are not - try tasting the juice on a different tank, preferably an rda, in fact if you are mixing your own juice, an RDA is almost essential, i even go as far as to make special stainless steel mesh coils that require no cotton wick to taste multiple juices properly.

If the above doesn't work, wash your tank out before putting another coil & juice in.
Try your juice in your mates set up. If the taste is still there it's the juice, if not it's your tank.

Back
Top Bottom