What's new

De-Hydration

To answer the OP, yes, vaping will dehydrate you. I always have a glass of ice water with me at all times. Well, after I have had my 2 cups of coffee in the morning.

Just been thinking, I did a post the other day about Nic Salts and feeling light headed and sickly after chugging away on them, do you guys think that I could of been de-hydrated and that being the cause and not nic salts ?
What you are describing appears to me to be mild nicotine poisoning not symptoms of dehydration. I also don't drink and haven't since '86. I don't like the taste of tap water so always drink the filtered water from my fridge. Before we had the filtered water we had one of the Brita pitchers and kept it in the fridge. We always had ice water with us when we were out for our motorcycle rides. Living in Oklahoma, our summers can be very uncomfortable and my wife would get dehydrated very quickly so ice water was a necessity. At the time I was a corporate trainer so I was talking a lot and having dry mouth was common, ice water was a need so I always had bottled water in the staff area. I have always liked ice water so it was natural for me to always have water with me when I started vaping. Feel free to PM me anytime you want, @LordOdin.

Jerry

I just looked at my medication list and I am on a tablet called Furosemide and according to the internet it is a in simple words a water tablet which can cause dehydration.

Vapers definitely need to increase their daily water consumption. PG is the main culprit. Propylene Glycol is hygroscopic.

@Mitz I have started to realise now, I know some of the medications I am on won't help either, will be on the look out for liquids with a lower pg, I don't know the best ratios plus I like the nic salts atm and think they are generally 50/50

@Mitz I have started to realise now, I know some of the medications I am on won't help either, will be on the look out for liquids with a lower pg, I don't know the best ratios plus I like the nic salts atm and think they are generally 50/50
Anything meant for mtl will usually be 50/50. Dtl is mostly 70vg/30pg. But nothing is set in stone. All depends on the device you are using and how well it wicks. I have several mtl tanks that can easily cope with 80% VG. Best bet is to just increase your water intake whilst you're experimenting with juice. Couple of extra pints a day and you'll be golden.

@Mitz hate water so I have just bought some dilute orange to add to it, I have some DTL shortfills I have to try, one of them is 75 vg rest are 70/30 so they might be better for the time being, Thanks Mitz appreciate the advice.

Had my first DTL just now and I couldn't believe the cloud I produced lol, looked like something was on fire and can smell the Vanilla from the Crème Brule, gorgeous, I quite enjoyed it, kept putting it off but after the dehydration I thought I need to have a go. Not a vaping virgin anymore lol.

You finally did it eh mate!! You do get way more clouds from DL, some like that, some don't. Glad the creme Brulee worked out as sounds nice! Question is, are you gonna go back to MTL, stick to DL or mix and match?

@ForestMagpie I will probably do both as I still like the nic salts plus I have a few pods that I got for that plus I bought a zenith tank to do mainly mtl, also have the scion 2 tank so can put that on the Proton mod as well, I have to say I did enjoy the DTL though, thought I would cough a lung up but was quite smooth.

Back
Top Bottom