What's new

De-Hydration

LordOdin

Veteran
I don't know if I am doing something wrong but after I have vaped my mouth is dry so I end up drinking more juice, tea and coffee etc. The simple question is does vaping cause de-hydration. My son who vapes said it does but he doesn't seem to get it as bad as I do. Anyone else this happen to or is it maybe just some liquids that this happens with. Thanks in advance.

Yes, it can but I haven't suffered myself. I do drink a fair amount of water anyway though.

@mick brown Thanks Mick really appreciate your input, my mouth seems drier using freebase but the nic salts are not that bad, maybe it's my mouth getting used to the vaping, I have noticed I am drinking more fluid though which is really not a problem because I love a cuppa tea :)

Pg does it to me, I can just about cope with 70vg 30pg, prefer 80/20 really, otherwise my mouth is like a desert. Don't forgot to drink water, I know it can be boring but it has to be done.

I def find myself drinking more when I'm vaping, I always make sure I have a glass of water knocking around as it dries my mouth up. Oddly with the flavours I vape I find a cup of Earl Grey tea really compliments them!

Like I say I love my cuppa, I also like polo mints and have been addicted to them for years so they also help with the dry mouth, just been looking up billet boxes but I think they are too advanced for someone like me, maybe when I have a bit more experience with vaping. Vaping has a lot more to it when you start looking it up, I am finding it a lot more interesting this time round, decided to postpone my DTL till I know my lung function is better from the pneumonia I had at the beginning of the month, still getting a slight ache and don't know if it's because I quit smoking or after effects from when I was in hospital, Heart nurse said everything sounded clear when she came at the end of last week but don't fancy risking it just yet. Sorry went off on a tangent then lol, it happens all the time just ignore me :)

Like I say I love my cuppa, I also like polo mints and have been addicted to them for years so they also help with the dry mouth, just been looking up billet boxes but I think they are too advanced for someone like me, maybe when I have a bit more experience with vaping. Vaping has a lot more to it when you start looking it up, I am finding it a lot more interesting this time round, decided to postpone my DTL till I know my lung function is better from the pneumonia I had at the beginning of the month, still getting a slight ache and don't know if it's because I quit smoking or after effects from when I was in hospital, Heart nurse said everything sounded clear when she came at the end of last week but don't fancy risking it just yet. Sorry went off on a tangent then lol, it happens all the time just ignore me :)
It's fine mate, I do it all the time......round and round till I'm back where I started and by the time I get there I've forgotten what I said in the first place.

With my daily vaping routine I do drink lot's of fluids but really always have done, don't know if it's down to vaping or the medication I take but drinking a lot of water or juice can only be a good thing.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong but after I have vaped my mouth is dry so I end up drinking more juice, tea and coffee etc. The simple question is does vaping cause de-hydration. My son who vapes said it does but he doesn't seem to get it as bad as I do. Anyone else this happen to or is it maybe just some liquids that this happens with. Thanks in advance.

yes personally I need to drink on average 2 litres a day, which isn’t a bad thing. I also find that if I don’t t drink as much water the flavour I get from a vape is reduced.

I've deliberately kept up a routine of drinking at least 2 litres a day so I don't let myself become dehydrated.

I'm not sure if nicotine is a natural diuretic but it is known that it can irritate the bowl in some people and may make them pee more which would lower your bodys natural hydration level which might cause your mouth to feel dry more often.

Staying properly hydrated is a good thing anyway for general health so your organs are able to function well enough so it's worth making sure your do drink enough and you won't get that dry mouth feeling as often.

Back
Top Bottom