What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Custom Vape Juice looks strange

James Nicholson

So I bought this custom vape juice (parma violets) from designyourvape.co.uk and it looks strange and doesn't taste that good. For one thing it looks like the parma violets flavour concentrate keeps floating to the top of the bottle, I shake the bottle a little and it doesn't like mixing with the VG/PG (looks like mixing oil with water) but if I shake it enough the liquid turns into a pasty white colour which I'm not sure if that's okay as normal brands are clear mostly. It doesn't taste sweet or have much parma violets flavour at all, i've bought parma violets from a local vape shop before and it was my favourite flavour so far so I'm pretty sure it's not me just not liking the flavour. My question, is the batch I got given bad in some way?

So I bought this custom vape juice (parma violets) from designyourvape.co.uk and it looks strange and doesn't taste that good. For one thing it looks like the parma violets flavour concentrate keeps floating to the top of the bottle, I shake the bottle a little and it doesn't like mixing with the VG/PG (looks like mixing oil with water) but if I shake it enough the liquid turns into a pasty white colour which I'm not sure if that's okay as normal brands are clear mostly. It doesn't taste sweet or have much parma violets flavour at all, i've bought parma violets from a local vape shop before and it was my favourite flavour so far so I'm pretty sure it's not me just not liking the flavour. My question, is the batch I got given bad in some way?
I can't comment on that company, but I do have some blackcurrant pear juice and the pear wouldn't mix, and quite frankly tasted like suger glue. I tried syphoning it off the top, but the blackcurrant has mixed enough of that manky pear taste to make it taste like blackcurrant super glue.

So, not necessarily a bad batch, could just be a flavour concentrate that doesn't like mixing

I would probably bin it, and email them and ask for a refund.

I have some concentrates that make cloudy liquid, but none that separate. And you say it tastes bad. So it has nothing going for it, really.

I had a concentrate that sat on top of my liquid like an oil. It mixed in after shaking but after a while it started separating again. Fucked it straight down the sink, all of it.

A fair amount of flavour concentrates aren't just for eliquid but food & drinks too and as such some are oil based.Chef's choice for example are rebranded cupcake world and cupcake world does have some oil based flavour concentrates. I'm pretty sure (maybe there's some that use oil based that I'm not aware of) the good flavour concentrates for e liquid companies just cut those from the line when rebranding but maybe some of the smaller guys make mistakes and order from the source without realising there's an odd oil based one in there. So it's entirely possibly it's acting like oil because it is! Either way there's no way I'd be vaping what you described and I'd get in touch with designyourvape and ask for a refund.

Back
Top Bottom