What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Couple of RBA questions

Hodge

Postman
Hi guys

So I'm thinking of picking up my first RTA, the serpent elevate namely. I've been watching some YT how to vids and most people seem to be building on a Coilmaster or some kind of stand. Is a Coilmaster necessary or is it safe to build straight on my mod (Wismec RX2) and use the ohm reading it gives on there? Also, what sort of tool is best for strumming to coil to get it burning even? Presumably it needs to be heat resistant and non conductive? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Building on a mod is fine, just keep fingers away from fire button, better still lock the mod until you're ready to check resistance. Best tool for strumming is ceramic tweezers as you can strum while firing. Ordinary tweezers or screwdriver will do the same thing, just don't fire the mod while doing it.

Cool, that's what I thought. Always worth checking though I guess. Thanks for the info :2thumbsup:

As above, an ohm reader or stand while ideal as they are very stable are not necessary. I build on my mod.

IMO ceramic tweezers are a must, at least for me as i know if i was usig normal ones i would end up forgetting and firing it causing a short.

You can pick up coil building kits with everything in very cheap, think i paid about £10-15 for mine.

That's what I was hoping tbh. The Elevate seems to come with almost everything you need to get it up and running except the tweezers. I was planning on using pre made coils rather than winding my own, at least for now.
Does anyone know a tried and tested place to get a legit non TPD tank? The tank I've got blows through 2ml at a rate of knots and I can only assume an RTA will be worse.

Plus one for building on mod, have only recently bought the ceramic tweezers.

I have the full monty coil master set but more often build on the mod BUT this cheap little set is invaluable, I would be lost without it, the link won't work for some reason but search Amazon for:

Mlife Electronic Cigarette Accessories DIY Tool Kit

3 Most useful items are the Coil Rod, Ceramic Tweezers and the Wire Cutters.

Under a tenner and worth every penny.

Also I always snigger at their slogan:
"Make Your Life More Technology........" :18:

I have the full monty coil master set but more often build on the mod BUT this cheap little set is invaluable, I would be lost without it, the link won't work for some reason but search Amazon for:

Mlife Electronic Cigarette Accessories DIY Tool Kit

3 Most useful items are the Coil Rod, Ceramic Tweezers and the Wire Cutters.

Under a tenner and worth every penny.

Also I always snigger at their slogan:
"Make Your Life More Technology........" :18:
I totally thought those fold up cotton scissors were a little pair of glasses til I read the description :drool:

Scissors aren't much cop, neither are the coil master ones, I use Ikea cheapo ones, but then again it will make your like more technology.

I have been feeling like my life isn't technology enough lately.

Back
Top Bottom