What's new

Correct coil for salt nic

x2hunt

My local vape shops both keep telling me I have the right coil for salt nic 34mg/. A 0.6 coil but after reading the bottle ( not for use with sub ohm) ! I know from what I do for a living that sub - ohm means below 1.0 or it does in my world. After going in and questioning the SALES REP I was asking for a 1.0 ohm at least he tells me that .5 is sub ohm in vaping and I have what is correct for the juice between Google and my own knowledge I went in the other store I was told 0.6 was and below was sub -ohm. Am I not understanding this right or what? and if not is the 0.8 coil I got will it be ok tell I get the right one thanks

Nic salts with a high concentration of nicotine are designed for Mouth to Lung vaping where to coils have a very narrow bore for airflow and are designed to run at low wattages so they vaporise a small amount of juice. In the past all coils were round wire instead of mesh and MTL coils tended to be above 1 ohm, however some recent mesh MTL mesh coils are below 1 ohm but they also have a narrow bore for air flow and run well at lower power settings.

0.60 ohms coils for MTL does sound a little odd and sounds more like a resistance more suitable for Restricted Direct Lung vaping to me but I'm not really up to date with stock coils.

What vape device are you using?

There is no 'correct coil' for nicotine salts, nicotine salts are no different to freebase nicotine in that respect and don't need 'special' coils.

Innokin make 0.5ohm coils for MTL vaping at low watts too, sub-ohm no longer means 'cloud chucking' or Direct to Lung vaping... it doesn't mean anything at all on a regulated mod really.

All the bottle message means is 'Not for massive cloud, high power, direct to lung, vaping' ... it saying that because of the high 36mg nicotine content not because they are salts. Nobody would recommend DTL vaping 36mg freebase either.

as your on 34mg im guessing your not in the uk as we are limited to 20mg max.
knowing whaat kit you are using would help give better advice.
all great advice above so all i can say is if at any time you get light headed of feel sick then you are intaking too much nicotine using that coil so the options are either dont vape as much and take longer breaks in between each puff or find a higher ohm coil for your kit to restrict the intake more or buy another kit which has more option of coils.

Nic salts with a high concentration of nicotine are designed for Mouth to Lung vaping where to coils have a very narrow bore for airflow and are designed to run at low wattages so they vaporise a small amount of juice. In the past all coils were round wire instead of mesh and MTL coils tended to be above 1 ohm, however some recent mesh MTL mesh coils are below 1 ohm but they also have a narrow bore for air flow and run well at lower power settings.

0.60 ohms coils for MTL does sound a little odd and sounds more like a resistance more suitable for Restricted Direct Lung vaping to me but I'm not really up to date with stock coils.

What vape device are you using?
Drag x with the .8 coil max 18 watts but if I go any higher than 10 it tastes awful

You’re right in that ‘sub-ohm’ does literally mean below 1 ohm. As explained above though, there used to be a more distinct difference in coils, that’s shifted over the last few years. Some sub-ohm coils are fine for vaping mouth to lung, but you might feel a bit ill trying 34mg at 60w in a cloud-chucking tank :)

0.8 ohms is the lowest I tend to go for nic salts, but I think for 34mg I would be aiming for over 1.0 ohm coils but that's a personal preference.

Nic salts are less harsh on the throat than freebase so you have a bit more flexibility but I think 18 watts is on the high end even for a 0.8 ohm coil, 10 watts sounds closer, just dial it down to what you feel comfortable with, I think your gut reaction to go with a higher ohm coil is right though.

At least you had the knowledge of what 'sub' meant which lead you to question the sub-par advice you were given.

My local vape shops both keep telling me I have the right coil for salt nic 34mg/. A 0.6 coil but after reading the bottle ( not for use with sub ohm) ! I know from what I do for a living that sub - ohm means below 1.0 or it does in my world. After going in and questioning the SALES REP I was asking for a 1.0 ohm at least he tells me that .5 is sub ohm in vaping and I have what is correct for the juice between Google and my own knowledge I went in the other store I was told 0.6 was and below was sub -ohm. Am I not understanding this right or what? and if not is the 0.8 coil I got will it be ok tell I get the right one thanks
I think its more a power issue.

I use 20mg nic salt in a 35w mesh coil designed for not MTL style but i have no issue because i roll the power back 10W.

Nic Salt is less harsh than regular nic as well to keep in mind, so i couldn;t do the same with 18mg regular liquid without coughing up everywhere.

There is no 'correct coil' for nicotine salts, nicotine salts are no different to freebase nicotine in that respect and don't need 'special' coils.

Innokin make 0.5ohm coils for MTL vaping at low watts too, sub-ohm no longer means 'cloud chucking' or Direct to Lung vaping... it doesn't mean anything at all on a regulated mod really.

All the bottle message means is 'Not for massive cloud, high power, direct to lung, vaping' ... it saying that because of the high 36mg nicotine content not because they are salts. Nobody would recommend DTL vaping 36mg freebase either.
I agree I remember when I first started vaping and getting into building I bought a temple 30mm and had a set of coils that I built and my grandmother came across a lady on fb market place selling like 12 bottles of juice most of which were either 18 or 12 mg so I vaped it at 100 or so watts my body eventually got use to it but do not recommend

Back
Top Bottom