What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

confused

jenuki

Initiate
Righty, not used my Wismec Reuleaux 3 for a while, so decided to pop on my Pharaoh rdta with a 0.38 kanthol fused Clapton coil, worked fine on ohm reader and fired up great, yet when I popped it on my mod said atomiser short. Took off and fired up on reader etc all fine and again wouldn't work on mod. After much effing and jeffing swapped coil out for a 0.25 hive and again fine on reader no good on mod. So am back to micro coils on this thing, really wanted to try bigger coils or is it just me being dumb? Sorry new to this, so sorry if sound daft double checking and triple checking everything on reader but can't understand it, was firing or trying to fire at 40 watts to bed it in. Fankooo x

I give up, vaping fine then suddenly the micro coil is reading at 0.73??!!! Really pissed off. 3months cigarette free and now am seriously thinking of forgetting this hassle and smoking again :(

I don't tend to build at below an ohm, but in my experience if the readings are shooting up and down something is loose somewhere. Do you have another mod you can vape it on to check it, or try taking the coil out and checking the tank is all tightened up properly before trying again?

If not, there will be more Apes along later, or probably tomorrow. Don't give up!

You say you hadn't used your Reuleux 3 for a while. Can we assume you have another mod? If so does the pharaoh work on the other mod? Trying to answer the "is it the tank or is it the mod?" question.

As crewella said it points to poor conection or short but.as it's happening with multiple coils I'd look at the 510 connections.

I don't tend to build at below an ohm, but in my experience if the readings are shooting up and down something is loose somewhere. Do you have another mod you can vape it on to check it, or try taking the coil out and checking the tank is all tightened up properly before trying again?

If not, there will be more Apes along later, or probably tomorrow. Don't give up!

Thanks, will take it all apart and start from scratch again later today. Thank you just never had happen before and panicked x

You say you hadn't used your Reuleux 3 for a while. Can we assume you have another mod? If so does the pharaoh work on the other mod? Trying to answer the "is it the tank or is it the mod?" question.
works fine on other mod so am going to start again scratch. Just infuriating. thank you x

Will do and thanks for the advice, fell a right idiot.
So easy done buddy. Nearly lost it last year coiling a devil rda that wouldn't read right until I noticed I had cut a coil leg too long and it was shorting on the top cap.

Back
Top Bottom