What's new

Confused by the settings on the Smok Alien 220w

ips

Any help much appreciated here. New to MOD vaping (don't even know what MOD means)

I have just bought the Smok Alien 220w kit. Charged up the batteries, filled the Baby Beast and took my first tug on the settings as supplied.

First of all I was a bit scared by the popping and crackling that was going on at the coil. Then surprised by how hot the vapour seemed.

So my question is, where should I start with the settings?

What were you vaping at before? Take the wattage right down and dial it in to your personal preference. 200w will be far too hot on a regular coil.
Start at a low wattage and work your way up to where you like it.

I was using about 15-20 watt on an I-baccy, that was ok but didn't give me much of a hit. Hence the new Smok. Thanks for the tip, I will give it a go.

Agree with the above, start low and dial up to preference. Most coils will have a recommended wattage on them too. What liquid are you using as well? Pg/vg/nic content will all make a difference to the "sweet spot" in my experience.
Also, when you say "hit" what are you looking for, a throat hit like a cigarette, a big cloud of vapour or a strong flavour?

both my alien mods (just a name for the battery) both started in TC mode so firstly you need to check which coil is loaded in the tank. it will say on the side of the coil with a min/max wattage.
if it just shows for instance 50-120watt then im guessing thats a wattage coil so should be set to wattage mode.
if it says something like Ni200 (nickel) , Ti (titanium) then that should be set and used in TC mode only.

just because a coil will say upto 120w it doesnt mean you have to use that. start low at 50watt and then move up by 5watts each puff until you find your sweet spot and then stick there.

to change settings press 3 times fast and mode will show. press and hold fire button and it will show you the various modes.
i only use wattage and have only tried TC once so cant help there.

Thanks fellas, good advice. MrDJ, that's very helpful as the settings are baffling me a little but I think I am getting there.

Back
Top Bottom