What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Coils

Jonty

Postman
Numpty question number 1. How will I know when I need to change the coil in my device.

you will either lose the taste first or just get a burnt hit which is not pleasant one bit and you will soon learn to know the tell tale signs of a coil burning out.

Flavour change or diminishing is the first sign, and often a leak or weeping of juice from bottom air in vents clinches the deal.

If in doubt, pull a coil replace it but save it until you have vaped a few to death and know all too well the tell tale signs..

and dont bin the dead coils until you have checked out any youtubes on rebuilding them first, not applicable to all coils but certainly worth checking..

Another symptom is less vapour being produced, but I'd still vape on it until flavour is also gone or it is burning due to gunk. Flavour being gone could also just be vapers tounge, which I suffer from almost constantly, I get used to a juice in less than a day, so I change my stock coils or rewick my RTA's when I detect the gunk burning off on the inhale.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you'll know when it needs changing. You could get a day or a few weeks out of a coil, depending on the juice used and vaping habits.

Numpty question number 1. How will I know when I need to change the coil in my device.

When a Coil needs changing you will find a drop in flavour and vape production at the first sign its advisable to change the Coil because if you keep vaping it you may get a Burnt Hit and that tastes awful.

Happy vaping mate :2thumbsup:

I agree with all comments

what vape do you have? there are slight differences depending on the type of coil

You'll know....

...for me it's when I can't actually bare to vape on it anymore.

I agree with all comments

what vape do you have? there are slight differences depending on the type of coil
He's got a Zlide tank so is using the zcoils.
It's one of those things where you will def just know, you'll take a vape and just instantly know it's time to change.

Thanks for all the informative replies, I didn't quite realize how much there is to vaping, I have a lot to learn if I wont to get the most out of vaping, I'm enjoying it a lot, part of that enjoyment has been joining the Planet. Cheers one and all.

Thanks for all the informative replies, I didn't quite realize how much there is to vaping, I have a lot to learn if I wont to get the most out of vaping, I'm enjoying it a lot, part of that enjoyment has been joining the Planet. Cheers one and all.
Nice!
Try not getting to much info. Slowly, its just too much info about vaping out there. Its overwhelming. Too many devices, too many styles,... and the RBAs, that ones has its own vape universe (wires, cottons, wicking.... doh)

Fortunately, people here is A+++. Never met a bunch of great people in a forum like this one.

Back
Top Bottom