What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Coils gunking up

If you're getting dry hits daily, it may be down to your wicking. This assumption is based on the premise you aren't vaping exponential amounts of liquid.

If you're getting dry hits daily, it may be down to your wicking. This assumption is based on the premise you aren't vaping exponential amounts of liquid.

Did you mean astronomical? :):)

2, 4, 8, 16, 32,... is an exponential series.

Let me clarify your Not getting dry hits but your coil is getting so gunked up you need to dry burn it off daily??

If your coils are gunking up that much then your wicks must be pretty foul too and in need of a refresh anyway, Sounds like you may be getting through a fair bit of Juice too? Seems like a daily or more frequent burn off and rewick is a small price to pay for a satisfying vape.. I will often rewick a number of times in a day if shifting between different incompatible flavours. Burning off the coil is a 20 second delay if that if you fire the coil prior to prepping the new wick for threading..

If its still winding you up consider as suggested above, how much your saving on NOT refitting stock coils daily or even more frequently ;)

I would have thought most of your problems would be with the Salted Caramel, rather than the fruits.
With the fruits, check what sweetener is used, I believe Sucralose is the worst sweetener for coil gunking.
Many thanks, I like salted caramel but have stopped using it

I would have thought most of your problems would be with the Salted Caramel, rather than the fruits.
With the fruits, check what sweetener is used, I believe Sucralose is the worst sweetener for coil gunking.

Hi there OP, what Badboyez above said basically, sensible and tried and true. For years I vaped Mt Baker Vaper BUTTERSCOTCH a very dark coloured, sweet juice, loved it but...wrecked hell with my coils, however I do have to say...the lower the watts and the higher the resistance.... the less the damage to the coils, if you would like to continue vaping the favourite, keep this in mind. I did read that you changed, whatever, good luck @ John68. Vape on.

Back
Top Bottom