What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Coil tastes burnt after one day

Jamiet368

Hello,

I’m using a SMOK Majesty with a 0.4 coil. Have had this problem with 4 different coils now and it’s driving me mad! I do everything right that I’m aware of and my coils are bought from a legitimate place. I always leave the juice to soak the coil for 30 mins or more and take short pulls at first. I’m using high vg juice and I’m not sure what else I could be doing wrong? I’m using it at 50 watts or lower and keeping my juice topped up at all times. Any suggestions please?

Hi mate. You prime them first yourself before fitting to the tank?
Sometimes just fitting a dry coil to a tank and filling it for some reason is not the same a priming it first. Guess that's why most manufacturer's recommended doing so. I prime them till is see they can't take any more.
But you may be doing that.
You giving it time to wick after a few draws? Chain vaping will kill a coil real early. High VG will take longer to wick between draws than lower.
Dunno, just a couple of ideas for you.
Cheers.

Try swapping to 70VG juice, rather than High VG. Not many tanks can keep up with High VG.

What juice are you using, mate? Many juices will eat coils, and Smok coils are renowned for being a bit pants, so your choice of liquid could be making a pretty bad situation worse.

Also, when you experience a 'burnt' hit, is your immediate reaction to change the coil? It could be potentially a dry-hit, and your coil isn't in fact burnt. Next time you notice it, try setting your vape down for a few minutes and seeing if it recovers. It's entirely possible and plausible that your coils aren't wicking swiftly enough to keep up with the rate you're vaping.

Thanks all for your replies. I always prime until the coil can’t take in any more lol. I think my problem may be chain vaping then? I vape a LOT at a time so perhaps I need to chill a bit. Thanks so much. Also, I’m using crap cheap juice but it’s 70/30 not max VG. Do you have any recommendations for affordable juice? I like fruit and menthol flavours or really sweet grape/watermelon. Open for any suggestions just on a real
Budget. Cheers!

Also I went in to a vape shop and he explained something about threads and an air lock? Can that do this? I always clean the threads out between coils but I don’t know what he meant by air lock etc

Not wicking fast enough. Take a sharp needle and poke one hole into each wick slot of the coil. If the problem persists add a second hole in each slot. But start with one hole in each slot and see how you go. Make the fisrt hole on the bottom of the slots so that if you need to add a second you can add it at the top of the slots.

I went through exactly the same problems with every Smok Tank I've owned, even the new Prince tank coils are pants, in fact the worst of the lot, 1 coil lasted me 1/2 a day without over using it.

My solution was simple and never looked back, turned 'Smok'ing Hell into 'Smok'ing great.

Get yourself an RBA deck (I don't know what tank came on the majesty but there will be an RBA available for it), some wire (or pre made wire coils if you aren't ready) some Cotton Bacon and youtube how to do Smok RBA builds.

Honestly it's easy and one of the first things I learned to do out of desperation, but I haven't looked back.

Your first RBA will come with coils already fitted, just need to wick and they often include cotton (not as good as Cotton Bacon but good enough for a trial) so just getting the RBA kit will get you started.

Benefits of an RBA
I no longer get dry hits.
A LOT cheaper.
Lasts a lot longer even on gunky juices.
Flexibility to find the perfect vape for you.
You can chain vape (within reason).
Pure heaven when you get the perfect build (just vaping one now on my Prince RBA).

Cons
Takes a little time to build (but enjoyable and rewarding)
Hit & miss at first as you get used to it (but here is the perfect place to get help and advice)
(I don't really class the above as cons as it's all part of the DIY side of vaping and enjoyable to do)

Now if that hasn't sold you on it and are going to stick to Stock Coils then Mitz great advice does work and I used that trick but doesn't last very long and chain vaping will still give you dry hits. Smok Stock coils are literally burning your money (and throat)

Not wicking fast enough. Take a sharp needle and poke one hole into each wick slot of the coil. If the problem persists add a second hole in each slot. But start with one hole in each slot and see how you go. Make the fisrt hole on the bottom of the slots so that if you need to add a second you can add it at the top of the slots.
Thank you so much, do I poke the needle right through or just a bit? Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom