What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Coil lifespan?

statedrain

Found this forum whilst googling how long my coils should last, I'm using Uforce n3 coils in my voopoo drag2 and they are only lasting 4days, thought this a bit strange so googled and they should be lasting between 1 and 2 weeks. Could they just be dodgy coils I'm getting? I'm purchasing from the same seller off eBay, simply because its normally always next day delivery.

I'm vaping regularly throughout the day on 90W.

Welcome to the forum!

Coil life can vary wildly, and depends on a few factors like wattage, priming them correctly before vaping them and what liquids your using. 90W is the upper end of the suggested range for N3 but they should be able to handle it. What liquids are you using? Very sweet liquids will burn most coils out quickly. Also, I had a UForce T2 and seem to remember you have to refill it when it's still around 1/3 full as the cotton holes are quite high in the coil (there should be a minimum fill line if I recall?).

You could also try the compatible Freemax coils, which may be better than the VooPoo ones. I'm not sure which ones fit exactly so I'll tag @OzoreXS to point you in the right direction.

When people say they get 1-2 weeks out of a stock coil I often think "WTF" as they tend to only last me a few days too, but then I do vape super sweet dessert/bakery liquids... and it's one of the main reasons I switched to rebuildables, along with it being much cheaper.

Hi @statedrain and welcome to the planet.

ive not used these b4 but to help others we need a bit more info.
the N3 is best at 75-85w (never believe what the coil power range) as no two vapers are the same.
what juice are you using especialy the ratio vg/pg. 70vg should be fine but any higher and life expectancy drops.
are you using nic shots as well and what is the ratio. most send out 100vg which i refuse to use now for exactly the reason you are posting about. i now buy 70vg nic shots by the box.
high end suppliers have consistency in their range. some of the cheaper ive tried over the years can vary. ive even had some that were 70vg in the shortfill before the nic was added so adding a 100vg shot will make it nearer 80vg which is too thick for ready made coils.
80vg and above best with drippers only.

hope that helps

n.JPG
u.JPG

Welcome to the forum!

Coil life can vary wildly, and depends on a few factors like wattage, priming them correctly before vaping them and what liquids your using. 90W is the upper end of the suggested range for N3 but they should be able to handle it. What liquids are you using? Very sweet liquids will burn most coils out quickly. Also, I had a UForce T2 and seem to remember you have to refill it when it's still around 1/3 full as the cotton holes are quite high in the coil (there should be a minimum fill line if I recall?).

You could also try the compatible Freemax coils, which may be better than the VooPoo ones. I'm not sure which ones fit exactly so I'll tag @OzoreXS to point you in the right direction.

When people say they get 1-2 weeks out of a stock coil I often think "WTF" as they tend to only last me a few days too, but then I do vape super sweet dessert/bakery liquids... and it's one of the main reasons I switched to rebuildables, along with it being much cheaper.

Thank you for such a quick reply, yes you're right about the cotton fill holes being quiet high, as you say I always try and refill when it's around 3/4 empty. For the time being I've lowered the wattage down to 65 see if that makes any real difference. I'm currently vaping grape slush and frozen apple both 50/50 from dailyvapes. As for priming them, when I change a coil I'll leave it around an hour before using it to give it a chance to absorb into the coil.

Hi @statedrain and welcome to the planet.

ive not used these b4 but to help others we need a bit more info.
the N3 is best at 75-85w (never believe what the coil power range) as no two vapers are the same.
what juice are you using especialy the ratio vg/pg. 70vg should be fine but any higher and life expectancy drops.
are you using nic shots as well and what is the ratio. most send out 100vg which i refuse to use now for exactly the reason you are posting about. i now buy 70vg nic shots by the box.
high end suppliers have consistency in their range. some of the cheaper ive tried over the years can vary. ive even had some that were 70vg in the shortfill before the nic was added so adding a 100vg shot will make it nearer 80vg which is too thick for ready made coils.
80vg and above best with drippers only.

hope that helps

View attachment 240337 View attachment 240338

Thank you for the welcome. I'm using dailyvapes 70vg/30pg and adding 3mg of nicotine; "3mg = 60ml bottle filled with 50ml of your chosen flavour, 1 x 10ml (18mg) nicotine shot. Simply add the full 10ml nicotine shot to your bottle, shake extremely well and then the final bottle will be 60ml at 3mg." Taken from their page.
I've lowered down to 65w now just to see if that makes any real difference.

Can't edit my reply, got confused its 70vg/30pg, was looking at an old bottle that I tried that was 50/50[emoji85]

Found this forum whilst googling how long my coils should last, I'm using Uforce n3 coils in my voopoo drag2 and they are only lasting 4days, thought this a bit strange so googled and they should be lasting between 1 and 2 weeks. Could they just be dodgy coils I'm getting? I'm purchasing from the same seller off eBay, simply because its normally always next day delivery.

I'm vaping regularly throughout the day on 90W.

What is it that's making you conclude that they are done after 4 days?

Are you burning the cotton? a build up of gunk on the coil itself? a build up of gunk in the cotton? a lack of vapour production? a loss of flavour?

What is it that's making you conclude that they are done after 4 days?

Are you burning the cotton? a build up of gunk on the coil itself? a build up of gunk in the cotton? a lack of vapour production? a loss of flavour?
Yes on day 4 I'm starting to get the burnt taste, I've been paying close attention and without fail the past 3 coils have all given me a strong burnt taste on day 4.

Welcome to the forum matey, I have no experience with your coils but I've used Freemax Mesh Pro coils, which would be similar, they lasted about 4 days, It didn't matter what juice I used, lifespan was very poor.

Back
Top Bottom