What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Coil building

8 wraps of 24g on a dual coil set up should give you around your 0.2 ohms.
5 wraps of 26, should give the same ohms reading, roughly.
Screenshot_2021-02-19-21-36-09-06_d9d5504d32a02bcbbd80ca4a55578505.jpg Screenshot_2021-02-19-21-35-52-80_d9d5504d32a02bcbbd80ca4a55578505.jpg

Hi and welcome :D

I've been using Ni80 Flapton wire from Flatwire UK, 6 Wraps comes out about 0.32-0.35 for a single coil, so about 0.15 ish for a dual coil. I really don't have the patience to make my own complex wire so spools of premade stuff is perfect for me.

The Flapton wire is basically just a flat wire core with round wire wrapped around it the same as a clapton wire.

Just a quick thank you to everyone who helped me on this thread, did my first build today and I think it went quite well. I used 26 gage clapton wire, 7 wraps at 2.5mm it came out . 27 between them and flavour good:)

Just a quick thank you to everyone who helped me on this thread, did my first build today and I think it went quite well. I used 26 gage clapton wire, 7 wraps at 2.5mm it came out . 27 between them and flavour good:)
Cool. Well done.
I'll be placing an order with you in the week.

100 coils by Tuesday ok?

:):18:

I’d like to thank anyone who helped you aswell because I’m just about to start wrapping my own coils after buying prebuilt for over a year

:18: I need to learn to walk before I run
You'll be making your own clapton wire soon, saving a fortune & enjoying it.

Well done for taking the plunge.
Clapton wire can be quite springy at the gauge you're using, so try to keep the tension whilst wrapping them.

Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom