What's new

Coil building

Richsplat

Postman
Hello people, I've been vaping roughly 5 years, after a year I started buying rta's but always bought the coils and wicked myself. I've finally got around to buying a kit to make the coils. I've always been a bit hesitant in doing this. I can guess the questions I'm hopefully going to get to be able to offer me advice, so I'll put in the things I think I might be asked. I vape usually at between 40-55w and my current dual coil is at .20ohms and I am using a vaping bogus blotto rta(that's what it says on the box) I'm really unfussy when vaping but really need to know what wire to buy, preferably shop bought but can order online. Thanks in advance for any help

What current pre-made coils do you use?
Plus, download Vapetool from Play store, if you're android, must have, if you're going to make your own coils. Build to your batteries, check your ohms, but I'm guessing you are using a reg mod not a mech anyway?

What current pre-made coils do you use?
Plus, download Vapetool from Play store, if you're android, must have, if you're going to make your own coils. Build to your batteries, check your ohms, but I'm guessing you are using a reg mod not a mech anyway?
I buy this packet of 48 mixed coils in a little circular box, not sure they have a name, I had A obs engine which they worked in fine but don't seem to work so well in my current rta, I bought some allegedly home made ones on ebay which worked well, not really that bothered about ohms I just change my wattage. Would just like advice on what wire to buy

By " what wire" do you mean brand/make?
Or what type, ie Clapton, juggernaut, hive, twisted?

If you look at the little carousel box you bought, with your variety pack of coils, it will say "clapton 0.40 ohms, or Alien 0.25 ohms, etc"

If there is one which you preferred, from that selection, say it were the " Clapton 0.40 ohm" then buy Clapton wire, wrap a couple of coils to the same amount of wraps as the pre mades, and you have it.

If you're starting out making coils, buy some cheap Kanthal or stainless steel, maybe even Ni80, and just practice wrapping.

Even Amazon sell cheap decent coil wire for basic stuff.
Don't fall in the trap of buying those sets of wire reels though! You'll end up with 6 rolls of useless crap & 1 you use the lot of!!

My advice, for your 1st attempt at coil building, would be 26 gauge, either Kanthal or stainless steel, & maybe 24 gauge too.

Just start wrapping a few, take your time, if your ohms is too low, and an extra wrap or two, if to high, drop one or two off.

Just start slowly, it's a doddle.

If you look at the little carousel box you bought, with your variety pack of coils, it will say "clapton 0.40 ohms, or Alien 0.25 ohms, etc"

If there is one which you preferred, from that selection, say it were the " Clapton 0.40 ohm" then buy Clapton wire, wrap a couple of coils to the same amount of wraps as the pre mades, and you have it.

If you're starting out making coils, buy some cheap Kanthal or stainless steel, maybe even Ni80, and just practice wrapping.

Even Amazon sell cheap decent coil wire for basic stuff.
Don't fall in the trap of buying those sets of wire reels though! You'll end up with 6 rolls of useless crap & 1 you use the lot of!!

My advice, for your 1st attempt at coil building, would be 26 gauge, either Kanthal or stainless steel, & maybe 24 gauge too.

Just start wrapping a few, take your time, if your ohms is too low, and an extra wrap or two, if to high, drop one or two off.

Just start slowly, it's a doddle.
Nice one thank you, the guage was also the other that concerned me. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your time

Nice one thank you, the guage was also the other that concerned me. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your time
8 wraps of 24g on a dual coil set up should give you around your 0.2 ohms.
5 wraps of 26, should give the same ohms reading, roughly.

Back
Top Bottom