What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Coil Advice

omue

I was recently given around 5-6 boxes of coils by a friend of mine these being the V8 Baby T6 coils however after doing some research im still unsure what these are compatible with, I intend on using them to help me quit smoking however I'm pretty low on funds as of now to buy a tank that's compatible as well as a mod itself, so I was wondering what vape and provided tank these would be compatible with?

The Smok TFV8 Baby Beast subohm tank.

They're compatible with a few other tanks as well but I'll let other members list those. I know they're cross compatible with Eleaf HW coils and Vaporesso GT coils so can be used in any tanks that uses those.

I think they work in the TFV12 Prince tank as well but I may be mistaken.

Last edited:
No on the tfv12 prince and baby prince or tfv8 v2

Only tfv8 baby beast, big baby beast...maybe 1 other iteration of a smok tank, but i think just those 2

The tanks I have owned that I know can use these coils are the Smok TFV8 Baby Beast, Smok TFV8 Big Baby Beast, Smok TFV12 Baby Prince, Vaporesso NRG Mini, Vaporesso Cascade EU 2ml version, Advken Dominator and the Artery Hive S.

The problem is that all of these are pretty old tanks and I doubt if any are still packaged with any kits. To be honest Smok coils from that era aren't the best for flavour or life expectancy so its questionable if its worth searching for an older kit - unless its really cheap.

Fasttech have some CLONE TFV8 Big Baby Tanks for around $12 (£9) that may be worth considering.

The tanks I have owned that I know can use these coils are the Smok TFV8 Baby Beast, Smok TFV8 Big Baby Beast, Smok TFV12 Baby Prince, Vaporesso NRG Mini, Vaporesso Cascade EU 2ml version, Advken Dominator and the Artery Hive S.

The problem is that all of these are pretty old tanks and I doubt if any are still packaged with any kits. To be honest Smok coils from that era aren't the best for flavour or life expectancy so its questionable if its worth searching for an older kit - unless its really cheap.

Fasttech have some CLONE TFV8 Big Baby Tanks for around $12 (£9) that may be worth considering.
Ahh, thats right, the tfv12 baby prince was the third one, my bad...u might be able to find non clones that cheap if yer gettin em from china, in fact im sure u can

Vaporesso is still making nrg tanks and therefore coils
Older:
Geekvape cerberus
Asmodus viento
Eleaf ello
Ello duro
Ello vate

Plus like a dozen others, there is a compatability page somewhere here, u should be able to find more than one of those for under $15 dollars

Ahh, thats right, the tfv12 baby prince was the third one, my bad...u might be able to find non clones that cheap if yer gettin em from china, in fact im sure u can

Vaporesso is still making nrg tanks and therefore coils
Older:
Geekvape cerberus
Asmodus viento
Eleaf ello
Ello duro
Ello vate

Plus like a dozen others, there is a compatability page somewhere here, u should be able to find more than one of those for under $15 dollars
You're probably right about being able to find originals cheap from China, but my google-fu is useless today.

There are a few Smok Priv V8 kits on eBay UK for £20 (A basic mod with a TFV8 Baby Tank) that may be worth checking out. It is battery voltage output only with no power adjustment - it will work with the 0.20 ohm T6 coils OK, but not so good with the 0.15 ohm mesh and T8 coils (which it will probably burn) or the 0.4 and 0.6 ohm Q2 coils which will run really cold If the OP has loads of T6 coils it could be ok - if they are mixed types of coils it won't be so good.

Lol, dude, just go to vaping 101 or any one of the trusted uk venders, point at the screen and purchase anything else, and just throw those coils out

Dont throw good money after bad

Edit-geez, 5 or 6 boxes? Thats a lot of coils, i mean buy a tank to see if u can use em i guess, but i would just consider it a waste of space.

Last edited:
https://ukvaporwaves.com/100-authen...-beast-sub-ohm-2ml-tank-fastest-dispatch.html

Apparently the same as ebay store only 5£ cheaper

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313149358104?hash=item48e9280018:g:WWMAAOSw~ctgZg90

And just get a seperate mod or kit for when u decide u dont like the coils so u can use some other tank (when u buy a mod, the whole kit is usually only 5 or 10£ more, so they essentially throw in a tank for free)

U can also use the vaporesso mesh or ccell coils in a tfv8 baby if u dont like the smok coils, which r very very good, but u will want to b using something other than a gpriv

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom