What's new

claggy throat

sampit

Postman
Does any one else have this problem?
vaping on a 60/40 PG VG mix 12mg nic for the past few months and drinking plenty of water but keep getting this claggy clear flemmy throat having to always clear it, even when i talk sometimes getting at bit scary last night my throat clogged up and it scarred the shit out of me thought i was going to choke for a few seconds, before i could clear it.
Should I change my mix is more pg? less VG maybe or more or should i try a lower nic strength
more so using my RDA.

Last edited:
How long since you gave up stinkies? Your body clears all that crap out after a while, although I've not smoked since the first week of January and have yet to bring it all up as far as I'm aware, not had quitters-cough or anything.

I use the same 60/40 and 12mg at the moment and can't say I've noticed it, although I find fruity flavours sometimes leave a 'coating' at the back of my throat, changes my voice a bit sometimes but clears up in a few seconds after a vape. Banana and strawberry are the main culprits for that so maybe its your flavours?

Other than that I don't know :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Sure you don't have a chest infection? Fairly nasty one doing the rounds right now, struck my family early last week and it's still kicking my ass now lol.

No chest infection feel great, to me its the vaping imo,been off the stinkies for around three months
i think its to much VG in my mix? or too much nic.or maybe the cotton in my RDA.

Last edited:
At just 3 months in I'd say your system is still purging all the shit off your lungs, just keep hydrated, and if you are still worried try carying pg/vg ratios, and as for cotton shouldn't cause any problems unless your letting it get too dry which would start causing some nasty smoke that would cause the throat problems.

Just changed to a lower nic 0.6 and running my RDA with a bed of cotton instead of running the cotton though the coil seems to be a lot smoother on the throat already. not so scratchy?
the 50ml of Rasberry juice i have just finished might be my problem just tried some blue moo 0.6 and its a lot better
70/30 mix.

fruity flavours sometimes leave a 'coating' at the back of my throat, changes my voice a bit sometimes 100% the same here lol

Last edited:
I've been vaping for almost a year now and I've had this issue since i started. Not as bad as choking but always a clear phlemn at the top of my throat. Don't know what causes it but it is a pain.

At least im not on my own, makes me feel better

clear phlemm at the top of my thoart is a better way of putting it.

and i was vapping a bit heavy last night come to think about it,
to much VG maybe might try a 80/20

Back
Top Bottom