What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Chargers ?

I definitely recommend buying one with 4 slots rather than 2, I find that helpful incase you have more than 2 batteries to charge or if someone else happens to need their batteries charged.. but that's just me! I typically have 2 sets of married batteries per vape.

The nitecore & xstar are both very good chargers. But the Gyrfalcon is SEXY as f*ck....

I'm gonna go against the grain here, and recommend the EFEST Luc V4.

Been using mine every day for 16 months, no problems at all so far (touch wood!).

I recently replaced my 5 year old nitecore i2 with the "new nitecore i2."
I had thought I would replace with a charger that gave more information, regarding state of charging etc but after watching a thread a while back on charger lifespan there were a couple of other folk getting good life out of the i2 so I decided that I could live without the extra complexity and simple has less to go wrong.

There is no knowing if the new i2 will last as long as the original i2. Newer is not always better. I will find out in time.

I've sacked my Gyrfalcon 88 as it doesn't seem properly calibrated. Each bay showing different readings for a given battery, and the claimed 1amp charge for 8 cells is bollox when the power brick only puts out 4amps, and gets very hot.

I've blown the dust off this one, and the Bluetooth function does come in handy at times.

https://www.cremedevape.com/Efest-6-Bay-Bluetooth

I've been using an Efest LUC4 for best part of four years now.
Bought an XSTAR 4 bay a few months ago because i felt the Efest had served its purpose well and must be due to die soon.
Found the XSTAR temperamental so I went back to using the LUC4 because it did the job perfectly.

XTAR is my most trusted brand to use in regard to external chargers, very reliable and long lasting. I highly recommend!

I recently replaced my 5 year old nitecore i2 with the "new nitecore i2."
I had thought I would replace with a charger that gave more information, regarding state of charging etc but after watching a thread a while back on charger lifespan there were a couple of other folk getting good life out of the i2 so I decided that I could live without the extra complexity and simple has less to go wrong.

There is no knowing if the new i2 will last as long as the original i2. Newer is not always better. I will find out in time.
I still run my original Nitecore i4, must be 3 years or more. Takes various sizes and also charges my household AA and AAA batteries. TBH I'd buy another if it died. :)

Back
Top Bottom