What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Changing Eliquid - Clean out so taste doesn't stay

Rich R.

Postman
Hello,

Been vaping now for around 7 or so weeks.

Mostly been using tabacco or RY4 as my main vapes. Just started on some fruit flavours which I have enjoyed.

I filled the tank back up with a tabacco vape when one fruit ran out and cleaned the tank but left the coil.

I am still getting some of the fruit taste after a couple of fills within the 2ml tank on my Innokin T20s.

Is there a way to ensure you get the correct flavour from each new e liquid without changing coils?

I only have the 1 setup at present but I am planning to expand my collection soon.

Thanks for reading.

Hello,

Been vaping now for around 7 or so weeks.

Mostly been using tabacco or RY4 as my main vapes. Just started on some fruit flavours which I have enjoyed.

I filled the tank back up with a tabacco vape when one fruit ran out and cleaned the tank but left the coil.

I am still getting some of the fruit taste after a couple of fills within the 2ml tank on my Innokin T20s.

Is there a way to ensure you get the correct flavour from each new e liquid without changing coils?

I only have the 1 setup at present but I am planning to expand my collection soon.

Thanks for reading.
The old way of doing it was to keep a coil for one type of juice and another coil for another type so if your vaping fruit and your done take the coil out wrap it in cling film use another coil for your tobacco and when you want to switch back do the same again [emoji6]

The old way of doing it was to keep a coil for one type of juice and another coil for another type so if your vaping fruit and your done take the coil out wrap it in cling film use another coil for your tobacco and when you want to switch back do the same again [emoji6]
Thanks for the advice. I didnt think there was a clean out the coils but I was just checking to see if anyone knew.

Im guessing I should let the coil cool down fully before wrapping in cling film :)

By the time you come to getting your coil out I'd be surprised if it's still hot enough to melt cling film so you should be okay.

Some flavours are worse than others for clinging to stock coils and tanks though. Anything "strong" (coffee, cinnamon, mints etc) is likely to stick around.

Hi mate. Some flavours change themselves out quick but some just refuse to budge. Luckily for me most of the ones that stuck around I never liked much anyway so I only have one left I make that does that. Worst offender was TFA rainbow drops.

By the time you come to getting your coil out I'd be surprised if it's still hot enough to melt cling film so you should be okay.

Some flavours are worse than others for clinging to stock coils and tanks though. Anything "strong" (coffee, cinnamon, mints etc) is likely to stick around.

This was a fruit one that was grapefruit, lemon and orange called Pinkman. It's quite a strong taste and even when its been flushed out the coil still has the citrus taste. I cant even really get the tabacco taste to come throuhg. You live you learn I guess.

Hi mate. Some flavours change themselves out quick but some just refuse to budge. Luckily for me most of the ones that stuck around I never liked much anyway so I only have one left I make that does that. Worst offender was TFA rainbow drops.
So its just a case of finding what doesn't go away and either cut them out or if you really like them have a dedicated coil or tank for them.

I had some apple in the same tank just before this one and that liquid went away isntantly. Really nice flavour too. This mix one in sticking around. May go to one tank for fruit and then one for tabacoo.

Thanks for the advice

So its just a case of finding what doesn't go away and either cut them out or if you really like them have a dedicated coil or tank for them.

I had some apple in the same tank just before this one and that liquid went away isntantly. Really nice flavour too. This mix one in sticking around. May go to one tank for fruit and then one for tabacoo.

Thanks for the advice
Yeah, my coffee, custard, cookie etc mix is a one flavour for the coil mix. Its really nice and I don't mind vaping it for several days. Don't get rid of ones that wont budge, unless like those I had I didn't really like that much anyway. You can always choose when to use them if you didn't want to vape it all through the coils life.
I might for the first couple of days use my fruit ones then finish off on the coffee. That way you don't get stuck with one flavour for the life of the coil.

Whatever you do, don't put Heisenberg in a tank you expect to use for ANYTHING else. I had some in a tank well over a month ago and can still taste it even though its been refilled many times. Its my going out vape, so I don't use it that often, but it is sitting there soaking up the new juice. or not, as it turns out.

Whatever you do, don't put Heisenberg in a tank you expect to use for ANYTHING else. I had some in a tank well over a month ago and can still taste it even though its been refilled many times. Its my going out vape, so I don't use it that often, but it is sitting there soaking up the new juice. or not, as it turns out.
Yep. Mine is Pinkman so sticks with the breaking bad theme. Guessing if you like the taste its good to buy a few and keep them for the life of the coil. Either that or use a tank just for them.

May try doing that when I have my sub ohm kit (MPV4 and i sub ve) which has now been ordered.

Back
Top Bottom