POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

CE 4 wattage?

Discussion in 'New User Questions and Discussion' started by collateral diarrhea, Apr 17, 2015.

1. collateral diarrhea

collateral diarrhea Achiever

I had to purchased CE4 clearomizer (vivid) in the morning since I'm out of coils on my Nautilus and I don't feel like sub-homing 18mg nic juice, can anyone tell me what the best (safest wattage) for this is? It reads at 3.0 ohms.

2. steffijade

steffijade Achiever

Tbh I'd probably look at keeping the wattage below 10 on a CE4. They're not really designed to handle a lot of wattage and going too high can 'char' the silicon cap over the coil. The top coil design means they can struggle with wicking too sometimes, particularly on high VG/high viscosity juices.

Best to keep the wattage fairly low unless your fond of dry hits and the taste of overheated silicon. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. eov

eov Postman

I pushed mine to 12 watts and it started getting a burnt taste. As said, probably best to stick to 10w and below.

• Like Like x 1
  4. collateral diarrhea

collateral diarrhea Achiever

Yeah been vaping it at 6W, its crappy but will have to do until tomorrow when I get some more coils.

5. cheersm8

cheersm8 Achiever

I know many folks prefer higher VG juices but the C4's function at their best with full flavoured, higher PG juices (80/20's 70/30's) and moderate power, 8-10 watts. As said above, seeing as your coil is 3 ohms, the higher end of the wattage scale (10) would probably be more suitable. Not forgetting that they're not really a chain vaping tank and over enthusiastic consecutive vapes can lead to dry hits.