What's new

Cascade baby TPD removal

Thanks for the advice! I will try to gain some more space in the tank by filing the metallic ring with a metal file, let's see how that goes...
Don't do that as it could well leave miniscule particles of metal that you could then inhale.

Hello,

I've recently brought a Cascade Baby tank after trying it from one of my friends. Since I bought it on the UK it came with the limitation of 2ml refills. However the one my friend had could be made 5ml just by removing a piece of rubber that was placed inside the tank. After getting mine I noticed I had no rubber piece, and instead mine contained some kind of metal ring. This not only limits the size of the tank, but also makes refills more complicated because it prevents the needle of the e-liquid bottle to fully go inside of the tank itself.

I've managed to disassemble the tank, but I cannot figure out how to remove the metal ring. I've trying turning it on both directions and attempting to pull it off from the top, but no luck. I'm attaching a couple of photos in case anyone can provide some insight on how to do this.

Thanks.
View attachment 176741 View attachment 176742
Hold the bung securely in a vice, clamp it tight with the chimany facing up. Take some form of metal dowel that is the diameter of the chimney section you can see in the bung. You might also be able to use a screwdriver but the chimney has threads that might be damaged. Place the dowel on top of the chimany and tap smartly with a hammer, the tank will drop out. It is just a pressure fit. Be certain to give the tank a really good clean before using.

I also ended up with a steel insert version of the mini. I tried the vice and hammer thing but it was not working for me. After a couple of attempts I gave up and brought the dremel out.
It took me an hour as I had no idea what I was dealing with at the start so was taking extra care than was actually needed. But knowing what I know now its a half hour task at most. Tools used were a Dremel with cutting discs. A dremel sander tip (better than the much slower file option that would have been my other choice if things hadnt gone right. A vice, a screwdriver and a pair of mole grips (vice grips). it could actually be done using only a dremel and two pairs of pliers now I think about it, but this picture details what I actually did to remove that steel bast' from my tank.

It was unusable as a 2ml tank, way too many fills needed.

Obviously do a thorough clean after you finish the mod to remove any metal filings before you reassemble the tank.

image.png

Old thread i know but in-case anyone ends up here after Googling:
Cloudstix sold me the TPD tank version so maybe avoid buying it there.
You'll end with a paperweight full of metal that makes your e-juice taste metallic and
the hole for adding your e-juice is barely useable due to the lump of metal taking up so much space.
Worst tank i've ever bought ,disappointed in Cloudstix for palming this off on me,
What you see is not what you get.

Old thread i know but in-case anyone ends up here after Googling:
Cloudstix sold me the TPD tank version so maybe avoid buying it there.
You'll end with a paperweight full of metal that makes your e-juice taste metallic and
the hole for adding your e-juice is barely useable due to the lump of metal taking up so much space.
Worst tank i've ever bought ,disappointed in Cloudstix for palming this off on me,
What you see is not what you get.
Restricted by tpd, most manufacturers get around it with a rubber bung usually but vaporesso went with the full metal, same happened to me with the armour pro, but then equally I got the polar from cloudstix and that cascade SE came with a rubber bung

Yeh ,it just really annoys me when they use a picture of the non-TPD version and don't make it clear in the information that you will get a severely restricted tank which is good for nothing but a paperweight.
Makes me so angry wasting cash ,most vaping stuff ,generally speaking ,is over-priced to start with ,won't shop with them again ,that's all i can do.

Last edited:
Hello,

I've recently brought a Cascade Baby tank after trying it from one of my friends. Since I bought it on the UK it came with the limitation of 2ml refills. However the one my friend had could be made 5ml just by removing a piece of rubber that was placed inside the tank. After getting mine I noticed I had no rubber piece, and instead mine contained some kind of metal ring. This not only limits the size of the tank, but also makes refills more complicated because it prevents the needle of the e-liquid bottle to fully go inside of the tank itself.

I've managed to disassemble the tank, but I cannot figure out how to remove the metal ring. I've trying turning it on both directions and attempting to pull it off from the top, but no luck. I'm attaching a couple of photos in case anyone can provide some insight on how to do this.

Thanks.
View attachment 176741 View attachment 176742
Just bought the same one. And after checking a few sites I realized that it's not possible to remove it in a easy way. And to save myself from a struggle, I just went to Amazon and then eBay to look for spare parts and bought new top.
Cheep and easy fix to our problem. Without having to pay for a hole new tank.

Back
Top Bottom