What's new

Cascade baby TPD removal

peeblebox

Hello,

I've recently brought a Cascade Baby tank after trying it from one of my friends. Since I bought it on the UK it came with the limitation of 2ml refills. However the one my friend had could be made 5ml just by removing a piece of rubber that was placed inside the tank. After getting mine I noticed I had no rubber piece, and instead mine contained some kind of metal ring. This not only limits the size of the tank, but also makes refills more complicated because it prevents the needle of the e-liquid bottle to fully go inside of the tank itself.

I've managed to disassemble the tank, but I cannot figure out how to remove the metal ring. I've trying turning it on both directions and attempting to pull it off from the top, but no luck. I'm attaching a couple of photos in case anyone can provide some insight on how to do this.

Thanks.
IMG_20181029_184646.jpg IMG_20181029_184656.jpg

Hi and welcome to the planet.

Second time I've seen this and sadly there is nothing you can do with it.
Personally id cut my losses and Chuck it in the bin as a 2ml fixed tank that can take coils upto 200watts is a fekkin joke (unless of course this tank can't take those beast of coils).
Now saying that I love this tank. There are various versions available and if you had bought from cloudstix like me you would of got the 2ml/8ml tank with the rubber 2ml insert tank.

I know that doesn't help you much but it just goes to show what a mockery this tpd law is and the sooner it gets overturned the better.

Yeah the one I reviewed was 5ml and had no metal lump.
Sadly I've no idea if it can be prized or found off.
Was a good tank in full mode.

Bit extreme to say chuck it in the bin, you can't really lay this all on TPD(it sucks, but is what it is), smok could havd designed both tanks TPD and non-TPD to be somewhat interchangeable(via a part swap/removal) like many others do.

It is Smok though, so yeah.

It can't be removed I got it with my mod the 2ml TPD one, it vapes fine and is a great tank it's just a ballache to fill all the time, best off getting a cascade baby SE could keep the other bits off that one for spares, once I get my new cascade tank I may take a dremmel to the 3 tags that it attaches it to the rest of it and see if i can remove it

Was gutted when I got this and realised I was limited to the 2ML.. Certainly need more than that in the take driving into the city!

I do like the design of this tank though, with the coil always being submerged in liquid. Although I’ve had this particular tank leak a few times in the two days I’ve had.

Any other tanks that you’d recommend that have a similar build?

Was gutted when I got this and realised I was limited to the 2ML.. Certainly need more than that in the take driving into the city!

I do like the design of this tank though, with the coil always being submerged in liquid. Although I’ve had this particular tank leak a few times in the two days I’ve had.

Any other tanks that you’d recommend that have a similar build?
hi and welcome to the planet.

how about the full size cascade which has a removable 2ml rubber tank to make it 7ml https://www.cloudstix.com/electronic-cigarettes/electronic-cigarette-mods/vaporesso-cascade-tank

Thanks for the advice! I will try to gain some more space in the tank by filing the metallic ring with a metal file, let's see how that goes...

Back
Top Bottom