What's new

Can someone explain the different coils to me?

jezza

Postman
I've just been given a multipack of different coils to try on my new Vandy Vape Pulse but no idea what each one is good for! Can anybody explain in simple terms for me please? Would be much appreciated! I've been given one of each from the below

• Stable coil (0.36 ohm)
  • Tiger coil (0.35 ohm)
  • Super Clapton coil (0.3 ohm)
  • Staircase coil (0.32 ohm)
  • Quad coil (0.28 ohm)
  • Mix Twisted coil (0.4 ohm)
  • Hive coil (0.45 ohm)
  • Fuse Clapton Pro coil (0.3 ohm)
  • Fused Clapton coil (0.4 ohm)
  • Flat Twisted coil (0.32 ohm)
  • Clapton coil (0.6 ohm)
  • Alien Clapton coil (0.4 ohm)
Thanks in advance!

It's not really a question that be answered, they all look pretty chunky and most are around the .3 - .4 ohms mark, so to be they'd all be around the same in what they'd be good for. .... vaping in a single coil atty with a fair amount of power.

Basically each coil is different way of weaving multiple wire's together as one. There are no coils on that list that are terrifyingly low in ohms but as the pulse is a single coil rda you can pick which you fancy. Start your wattage around 25 w and work up until your happy. Some of those I suspect would be happy at 70w plus with plenty of airflow.
Should you choose to use them in a dual coil rda remember the ohms half so keep clear of the lower ohms. I like to keep above 0.2 ohms minimum. And read up on ohms law and your batteries power rating and you will stay safe and enjoy a good vape.

Hi eyeball kid,

You are perfectly correct.
However, if someone asks me (electrical engineer) if they are new to the concept I explain it as coil 1 ohms, plus coil 2 ohms, divide by 4, and there is your effective resistance.
For example coil 1, 3 ohms, coil 2, 2 ohms, (why anyone would want to build that is beyond me....) but 3 + 2 / 4 + = 1.25 ohms.

Regards badboybez

edited cause i cocked up the answer..............................

Lol ....... @Badboybez your response has brought my inner blonde to the fore - I've read it four times and I'm still scratching my head!! :P :blondmoment:

Most people build or use 2 coils that are the same resistance and type in a dual coil build, so in that case you would just half the resistance, but you said you have one of each so you would probably only be single coiling it. Generally you should use am ohm meter or a mod that shows resistance at least to be sure, its also good to know what the metal used in the coil is, i.e. kanthal ni80 ss etc. My personal preference is a clapton based coil, of which most yours are, a larger wire or wires that is wrapped with a smaller wire, its a matter of trial and error to find the best for you, enjoy!!!

Lol ....... @Badboybez your response has brought my inner blonde to the fore - I've read it four times and I'm still scratching my head!! [emoji14] :blondmoment:
To sum it up, we usually use two coils of similar ohms, so the result is half the ohms of one of them. Simples.

But in fact, the actual result is a quarter the ohms of both of them.

If you dual coil 2 x 1 ohm coils, the result is 0.5 ohms. Which is a quarter of 2 ohms.

If you tried to dual coil a 1.5 ohm coil and a 0.5 ohm coil, the result would still be 0.5 ohms.

To sum it up, we usually use two coils of similar ohms, so the result is half the ohms of one of them. Simples.

But in fact, the actual result is a quarter the ohms of both of them.

If you dual coil 2 x 1 ohm coils, the result is 0.5 ohms. Which is a quarter of 2 ohms.

If you tried to dual coil a 1.5 ohm coil and a 0.5 ohm coil, the result would still be 0.5 ohms.
.... thank you .......... but the OP says he has one of each ......? :D

Lol ....... @Badboybez your response has brought my inner blonde to the fore - I've read it four times and I'm still scratching my head!! :P :blondmoment:
Your more used to this type of coil dear lady
kettle_electric_heating_element.jpg

Back
Top Bottom