What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Can some help me answer a few Qs Re: nicotine

Mission_uk

Hello guys and gals

Been lurking in the vapor clouds for a few days now, but first time poster

It's been 3 days vaping and I haven't smoked a cigarette,wich is Realy good for me :) and im so amazed

i have a few Qs I'm confused about if some one can help me answer them please

If I have a 0.8/10ml bottle ,how much is that in equivalent of smoking cigarets in terms of nicotine, my mate was sayin 1ml is the same as having 7/8 cigarets..I used to smoke benson gold,..is this the case?

It just the other day I think I must of vaped about 4/5 ml and I was feeling abit funny,
And wanted to know did I take to much nicotine intake

Lastly if I have 10ml/no nicotine vg can I buy pure nicotine and add it in to the mix so it's about 0.4 strength nicotine,,

As i want to lower my nicotine intake but most places I buy from the lowest i see is 0.8

Thing is I like to vape but I don't want to over do it with the nicotine as it has only been 3 days so far,but I need to substitute in term of doing the action of smoking...if that makes sense

Sorry for all the silly Qs just want to put my mind at ease

So any help or info will be great :)

Thank you in advance

Hello and welcome, if its any use to you I smoked about 30 rollies a day, I generally vape 6ml of 18mg a day :)

I smoked around 20 cigs a day and now vape around 5ml of 12mg which seems to suit me but varies depending on what liquid i use.
As for mixing nic with a 0mg i can't see why not but I haven't mixed myself yet, potv have a mixing calculator on Google play that should help with ratio to mix, I hope that helps.

Former 25 rollies guy here vaping 2 to 3 ml of 18 mg per day. Remember nicotine isn't harmful anyway, a bit like caffeine. It's the delivery method ie tobacco which is the harmful part.

Yes you can adjust the nicotine level of your eliquids but if you're diluting it then you'll obviously also dilute the flavour. Also you'll not buy pure nicotine legally in the uk, highest allowed by law is 75mg.

Last edited:
Welcome Mission

On a mission ? or a Mission fan ?

Welcome to the Planet!

If it helps, I bought some 18mg juice and found it quite strong, so I bought some 9mg of the same flavour and mixed the two, making (I hope) 13.5mg liquid!!!

:diy:

Science was never my strong point, but you could try something like that with your 0% nicotine.

Blossom

Howdy @Mission_uk, if you dilute a nic solution with an existing flavoured liquid, you will dilute the flavour, but as has been suggested already, mix two of the same flavour, one with a lower nic content will reduce the overall nic level.
The amount of nic in a liquid is not the equivalent of the amount of nic in a ciggie, as the delivery system in a ciggie is more effective in getting the nic into the blood stream, but as stated, nic is a damn site less harmful taking away from all the crap in a regular ciggie anyway.
You can also determine your own nic intake completely, by making your own...the highest nic level recommended really would be a 36mg nic solution mix, few vape at that level, a lot start at the less high 24mg, or med high 18mg, and work their way down (sometimes you will see this written as 3.6/2.4/1.8 mg, etc).
To mix your own, you would, say, buy a bottle of 54mg nic solution base, some plain pg and vg bases, and a variety of flavours. We have a mixing section here, and a mixing calculator which can help with this, it may be worth reading up on, we may even have info in the POTV wiki.

Last edited:
Hey everyone

Thanks you for your replys and ur daily Intakes it gives a good insight,I really appreciate it :)

I was only smoking 7/8 cigarets a day, but before I started smoking cigarets,I was a very heavy nawty herbs smoker

So day 6/7 so far and still going strong, ain't smoked one cigi..I got a 20 deck sitting right here and haven't looked at it once and not planing to

I think the first few days I had a few good flavours to play with,I think I over done it with the vaping hence the feeling funny,wich got me thinking about the nicotine intake

So what I have done now as mentioned above, I bought 2 of the same juices one at 0.8 and the other with no nic,and mixed them at a half rate,,abit weak but at least I get to vape more

So happy days :)

But my only issue is buying 2 juices at the same time can be expensive,i need to learn a better way to make the nicotine lower

I got this of an email wich was a response from one a of the vendors I buy from

The nicotine density listed for e-liquid is the number of milligrams of nicotine per millilitre in the E-Liquid. That means a 10ml bottle of 24mg nicotine e-liquid would have 240mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 10ml). Likewise, a 30ml bottle of 24mg e-liquid would have 720mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 30ml).

if you inhale 1 ml of E-Liquid which contains 24 mg of nicotine, that does not mean that you absorb all the 24 mg of nicotine. You may only absorb about 50-80% of the nicotine according to your personal smoking habit.

Thanks everyone for welcoming me in :)

I was a heavy herb user and gave it up and was smoking about 10-12 rollies a day. I now use 18mg RY4 as a daily vape and use about 3-4 ml. I'll admit I do get a kind of tingly buzz from maybe too much nicotine but that's only because I vape a lot more than I smoked. I vape the equivalent of about 3 rollies on the way to work, where I used to just have one rollie.

It's worse with beer but I just think well I'm not inhaling all the shit I used to so what the hell. It's now 9.35 and I have just taken my 40 puff, I am working from home though.

You will find a balance but you will probably find you vape more as it is more enjoyable and accessible.

Back
Top Bottom