What's new

Bought a SMOK ALIEN 220W Mod with TFV8 Baby Beast Tank

Tyketto68

Postman
Hi peoples, kind of new to vaping to quit smoking. Ive gone from a cheapo vape pen to the Alien, my reasons is the variable wattage,hit strength and it gets good reviews. Is there any hints and tips you's can give me and help with e-liquids. Ive been told there are certain e-liquids which i shudn't use because of heat and burning the coil/wick etc, can anyone explain why ?. Is the tank ok or change to another better .

How are you finding the tank?

Probably best to use 70% VG liquids in that tank. Thicker liquids (more than 70%VG) will usually make your coils burn out quicker, as it’s harder for the cotton in the coils to soak up (‘wick’) thicker liquids.

Thinner liquids, like those that you used in your pen, will have a higher PG content, for example, 50% or even 70%. A lot of people find these liquids harsh on their throat in a sub ohm tank at higher power, but it comes down to preference. You might find the tank leaks or spits eliquid if using these in a tank like yours, but it varies. It’s really about whether it works for you.

Last edited:
I havnt received it as yet, should arrive friday or saturday, sorry i didnt mention it in my post.

ive just replied to your other post but as said, it will be the smok coils that let you down as their QC is terrible.
ive got 2 aliens that are 2 years old now and the first ting you will find with the mod is the paint will start chipping off but to be fiar the mods have been used daily and no other issues. didnt like the smok tank one bit so gave them away.

best keep to 70vg/30pg as 80vg and above will struggle with most coils.
always prime by dripping juice on the cotton around the coil and start low. so if you vape at 50w tart at 20w and turn up a watt each puff. at 20w you wont get any cloud out of it but it is still heating up and bedding in the coil.

It was a general search of the item,even youtube,the only cons they said was the battery lid bein flimsy and case bein flaky if you didnt take care .

It was a general search of the item,even youtube,the only cons they said was the battery lid bein flimsy and case bein flaky if you didnt take care . I dont mind trying diffrent coils and im not fussed about clouds of smoke. The idea was to help quit smoking altogether.

I paid just over £30 for the alien 220w which seemed a good price since everywhere else it was near £60 , soz but i prefer the look of the 220w over polar kit but thanks anyways. Just gonna have see how it goes when i get me hands on it.

Back
Top Bottom