What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Best MTL vape kit?

Think @Simon G nailed it 101%

Personally found the 1.2 Ohm a bit better over the 1.6
but taste & stuff, plus different juices = different results
(so some coils work better for some instances than others blah x 3)

Taste in itself is going to be hard one to define,
you may want a ultra strong baccy flavour to emulate the rollies
BUT again you might not obtain true replication
or not even really want it closely replicated either

Vaping is DIFFERENT - obviously
similar in some ways to smoking but still very different
(stating the fucking obvious but you need to keep this in mind)

As said by many others you need a decent nic level
and have mentioned you may need to up it a smidge to assist you
but not too high that you get the head rush or nausea from too much

Above all else - you need WILLPOWER still, to completely ditch the fags

I was itching to light one up many times during the first two weeks
of ditching the fags to a Blu-Pro e-cig pen bollocks thingy
(but didn't have any in the house & would have to go down the shops
even though it was just a short walk - I thought fuck that I'll see how it goes)

After say week 3 - I had decided I'm not going back on the fags
like I had caved so often when trying to quit so many times in the past

TL-DR, long story short...
You can experiment a little with flavours and likely nic levels

BUT - the onus is on you in the end

Not being harsh, just honest, sure we can help & make suggestions
but still you WILL NEED A BIT OF WILLPOWER in the end

If you can get the nic level hit, a flavour that is fairly decent
(let's face it, almost anything is better than the stench of stale fags & dog ends)

Then with a bit of willpower you can (if you really wish) kick the habit completely

Yet - I will not judge anybody who still finds the need to dual fuel as they say
You have drastically reduced your smoking habit & for that alone
I fully congratulate you on that sir

If you can just push on through and see if you can give the fags the final kick
then after a couple of weeks you should be in the clear

Yet if you find you just can't quit 101% then you are still to be congratulated
as it still is no easy task to quit even with a good cessation method like vaping

Best of Luck sir, you are still doing great in my book

I have to agree with @Fuctifino Willpower is a massive thing when quitting anything, The first Month was the hardest for me, same with the Booze. It's a great feeling knowing that you have quit smoking or drinking but no matter how long ago you quit something there is always a chance you could slip back into using again. I don't take anything for granted because i know for a fact if i took another drink i would be bang at it again and the same probably goes for smoking. The past month for me has been great and really enjoying vaping atm.

There's no doubt that what these guys are saying ^^ is the most common experience when it comes to giving up smokes.

But for me, I didn't need any willpower at all. I just preferred vaping to smoking, once I found the right juice and kit. I duel fueled for a bit, until I couldn't be arsed to roll cigarettes any more.

If anything I just had to break the habit of rolling up, because it had been ingrained for 30 years.

My method for giving up smoking was simple.
Every time you get the urge to smoke, chain vape high nic till the urge goes away.
The urge does go away, within a few minutes, every time.

The urge comes back, chain vape again.
You learn that vaping works and the urge to smoke comes less frequent, then gradually fades away.

I was not even planning to stop smoking when I bought my first vape but was a non smoker as soon as my baccy was finished within a week.

Any kit that you can vape with max strength nic would work. I stopped smoking with an ego/ce5 kit. Any modern mtl kit should be better than that.

my advice would be do whatever you can to avoid smoking a fag first thing in the morning. for me, this was the one that meant i would smoke a few more over the course of the day. they day i gave up smoking was the first day i managed not to smoke a rollie with my coffee when i got up. after that first day it wasn’t too hard at all.

There's no doubt that what these guys are saying ^^ is the most common experience when it comes to giving up smokes.

But for me, I didn't need any willpower at all. I just preferred vaping to smoking, once I found the right juice and kit. I duel fueled for a bit, until I couldn't be arsed to roll cigarettes any more.

If anything I just had to break the habit of rolling up, because it had been ingrained for 30 years.
Same here, once I started vaping I realised that I really didn't like the taste of cigarettes. Fruits and custards and cakes taste much better to me.

I don't believe there are any shortcuts, or one solution to fit every circumstance. You need to experiment to find what works for you. Personally I love a tobacco MTL but more down the ice-cream or fruit route when I DTL. GL

I struggled at first. Equipment was fine even though it was an old ce 4 pen kit. Finding a flavour substitute for the cigars I smoked back then was the hard bit.
I found that flavours which could be identified within tobacco to be the best. Caramels, vanilla, coffee ect. This lead me to the classic ry 4 flavour (tobacco,vanilla and caramel) which lead into the king of these flavours Manabush.
I think if I hadn't become interested in the hobby side I'd still be using a nautilus tank and quite happy with it now.

I agree with the willpower because old habits aways die hard, but like hippydude said, once i realized i could get a better tasting stronger, cleaner, more convenient, never ending cigarette out of a vape device, i never cared about cigs again.

U just gotta get the right setup and taste etc to replace your brand at first

Last edited:
my advice would be do whatever you can to avoid smoking a fag first thing in the morning. for me, this was the one that meant i would smoke a few more over the course of the day. they day i gave up smoking was the first day i managed not to smoke a rollie with my coffee when i got up. after that first day it wasn’t too hard at all.
I used to sleep with my vape in my hand so the first thing i would do, sometimes b4 i would open my eyes was hit it, lol

Back
Top Bottom