What's new

Best MTL vape kit?

tim ward

Hi, I'm new to the forum but not new to vaping - been at it for 10 years, never quite given up the ciggies though and smoke on average 4 - 6 a day (roll ups). I'm 61 now and really want to quit smoking completely so I'm looking for the best MTL kit that can help me to stop. At the moment I'm using Innokin Adept with 1.6 z coils - ok but doesnt quite hit the spot! I know I might be asking too much but I'd love to hear from any other ex smokers about set ups that have worked for them. Any ideas?

Hi Tim, you aren't asking too much... almost all of us here managed to kick smoking using vaping.

Personally speaking it was with far worse kit than you have now, so that's the tricky part. Is that last push you need really about the kit or something else?

The Adept/zlide should do everything you need it too, filled with the right amount of nicotine and a flavour you like. I'm not entirely sure buying more kit if the answer. In fact it's something I would have recommended if you didn't have it.

You can try one of the other coils, the 0.5 plexus maybe or nicotine salt based liquids (I don't like them but you might) .. but I think you need to make the decision to stop smoking those 4-6 a day first.

You need to get rid of the habit of smoking, vaping will replace the nicotine so you aren't climbing the walls but you still have to want to stop smoking. I think the problem is at the moment you are just using vaping to get you by until you have one of your rollies. ... then you are like "Ah, that's better, that hit the spot"

Forgive me if I'm way off the mark, but there is no 'best MTL kit' really. Are you using enough nicotine in it?

.. anyway we are all here to help, we've all been though it.

Hi @tim ward and welcome. Totally agree with @SimonG.

For me the transition from a few a day, to none a day, was fuelled by finding a juice that I really liked and having enough nic in it. I started on 0mg juice and I didn't actually feel any nic withdrawl directly. But when I tried 12mg juice, I found it gave me the throat hit I craved.

The juice for me was chiricahua sun by manabush, and I'd recommend manabush in general for some tasty grown up juices, You may not agree of course, but it's def worth trying a whole bunch of different juices, because if you can find one that you really love to vape, the tempation to smoke instead will fall away. Well, that's my experience anyway.

Edit to add, when you say it doesn't quite hit the spot - can you be any more specific about why?

Last edited:
Although MTL Helped it wasn't the main factor for me quitting, i totally agree with @MHL when he says juice and the right Nicotine are the key to quitting. I went the Nic Salts route and even with a low powered Aspire AIO it help me quit. I now vape DTL with a touch of MTL at night before bed. I am down to 6mg DTL and still vape 12mg MTL. I smoked 60+ Roll-ups a day and smoked for 47 years and managed to totally quit smoking straight away, if i can do it anyone can. We have all been in the same situation so know how difficult it can be. If i were you i would try some Salts which will definitely help with the cravings and see how you go. As said there is nothing wrong with the kit your using i think it's more down to liquid. I have been off the Ciggies for 16months and feel a hell of a lot healthier. You will get plenty of support from the guys on here infact @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) will be in a better position to guide you with Pods and Salts as they are her main vape i believe.

EDIT :- Welcome to the Planet from another Tim :)

Is it the flavour that is lacking? Innokin have improved their Z coils recently. Wondering if you're still using the old stock coils with the smaller wick holes?

Hey Tim

Welcome to POTV, its a great place, everyone is super lovely, so supportive and full of knowledge.

I agree also with everything above tbh. Im happy to help u with salts, thats what worked for me and i tried freebase and dtl previously but as u will see we are all so different, 1lwhat works for aomw may not work for all, trial and error.

I too would like to know what u mean by hitting the spot? Is the nic not doing it? The feel of the draw or the throat hit?

Dee

Agree with previous comments. You have a good MTL kit and all you might need is pump up your nic levels, try nic salts, try other flavours or pehaps try a lower resistance Z-coil on a slightly higher power.

The tank that did it for me is the Freemax Fireluke 22. The MTL tank and its mesh coils produce a great flavour and it should fit your mod. I use the 1.5 coil for 50VG/50PG juices and the 0.5 coil for 70VG/30PG juices, both for MTL at relatively low power. Coils don't last that long, but I find it is worth it.

I use the .8 coils in my zlide tank using 50/50 juice and would reccomend those,good flavour and they last a fair while.Fireluke 22 is a good tank imo but I've had trouble with their coils recently,some only lasting 3 fill ups!As said before nice flavour from it though if the coils last long enough.

-deleted-

They will just ban them too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom