What's new

Benefits of RTAs over stock coil tanks?

Hi again all!

Ive noticed the liquid in my RTA goes an orangey colour after a day or so - doesn’t do it in my Zlide tank. Is this normal or something I’m doing wrong?

Cheers!

If it tastes fine you're sound. Liquid colour will change when it oxidises.

Your atty will heat up when you use it, heating up the juice in the tank section. This discolouration is most likely a chemical reaction speeded up by heat.
If it's nicotine oxidation you'll find the same reaction if you leave a clear bottle of the juice on a window sill in direct sunlight.

Cheers both! Still tastes alright was just wondering why it happened in the RTA and not in the Zlide

Another update:

Received the 28 awg Kanthal wire that @Crewella very kindly sent me!

Used the steam engine site to see how many wraps and did the 9 advised for a 1.6 resistance.

Checked the resistance on the first coil I’ve built with it and it’s reading as 1.63! I was pretty chuffed with this lol

Anyway, I’ve wicked and started to vape with it and the difference in taste is amazing! Definitely a lot better than the 1ohm 26 gauge Kanthal coils that were sent out with the tank.

The flavour may even be better (to me) than the 1.6 Z coils I use in my Zlide tank!

Thank you to all of you for your advice. Don’t think I would’ve had the patience or knowledge to work out this RTA business without all of your input.

Again, thanks very much to @Crewella for sending me the new wire to try!

Cheers

Nice one @Bruben , I am glad you sorted everything out, Taking your first proper steps on your vaping journey, i was the same as you just about a year ago and i remember how chuffed i was. It's a great feeling so feel proud :)

Another update:

Used the steam engine site to see how many wraps and did the 9 advised for a 1.6 resistance.

Checked the resistance on the first coil I’ve built with it and it’s reading as 1.63! I was pretty chuffed with this lol

Anyway, I’ve wicked and started to vape with it and the difference in taste is amazing! Definitely a lot better than the 1ohm 26 gauge Kanthal coils that were sent out with the tank.

The flavour may even be better (to me) than the 1.6 Z coils I use in my Zlide tank!

Thank you to all of you for your advice. Don’t think I would’ve had the patience or knowledge to work out this RTA business without all of your input.

Cheers
I'm so glad it helped. :2thumbsup:

Another update:

Cheers

I find 26g kanthal takes to long to ramp up at low watts. 27 or 28g is preferable to me. Well done to @Crewella for saving the day.

Back
Top Bottom