What's new

Battery smoke

Any visible damage to the first battery or inside the battery compartment? I don’t think I’d be using that mod again tbh - if I had to, I wouldn’t be leaving it unattended, or going to sleep with a battery in it.

Any visible damage to the first battery or inside the battery compartment? I don’t think I’d be using that mod again tbh - if I had to, I wouldn’t be leaving it unattended, or going to sleep with a battery in it.

The battery casing isn't damaged and the compartment is fine it just smells like electrical smoke.

I do believe that the battery is fine and not just some fake 30Q, could the mod be the problem?

I mean something definitely came loose after that short and when i swapped to another battery (another charged 30Q, 3 months old) after the short the only hit i got was extremely weak.

Seen a lot of posts of problems over the years with this mod. The device draining batteries when it's off, fully draining batteries, showing weak battery etc. I really wouldn't trust it mate, return it / bin it and get something else.

*Have seen ways to 'fix' some of these issues (there's at least 2) but I don't want to share them as I think this mod is just poorly made and potentially dangerous, a search on Google will bring them up but I really wouldn't bother.

Last edited:
I've never used that particular mod so I don't know how good it is but they recommend using batteries with a Max Discharge Rate of 25A or above. Samsung 30Q's are only rated at 20A. If you noticed the mod getting fairly warm around the battery compartment that's a sign that the battery is struggling to supply the load needed, especially if you take several puffs in quick succession.

For a single battery 18650 mod I would use either a Molicel P26A or a Sony VTC5A which both have a MDR of 25A.

I also only buy batteries from Fogstar now as it's the one place I feel confident enough about that source their batteries properly and don't sell fakes.

Battery safety is so important with vaping. Remember, you're putting the thing into your mouth so the absolutely last thing you want is the thing blowing up in your face.

Last edited:
Well, i wont be fixing the thing since i really don't trust it working safely anymore.

Got some good advices here, thanks alot people!

I will rock my pod systems till I do enough research and order a single battery mod.

Well, i wont be fixing the thing since i really don't trust it working safely anymore.

Got some good advices here, thanks alot people!

I will rock my pod systems till I do enough research and order a single battery mod.

Yeah good shout mate, can't really go wrong with something like the Aegis Solo or Vaporesso Swag 2. Also like @MarylinC37 it might be worth looking at picking up a different battery or if you got a bunch of 30Qs a dual battery mod. It says 20amps on the 30Q but running it at that can make it go over its max temp rating, fine at 45 watts though, just if you ever want to up it. :)

Yeah good shout mate, can't really go wrong with something like the Aegis Solo or Vaporesso Swag 2. Also like @MarylinC37 it might be worth looking at picking up a different battery or if you got a bunch of 30Qs a dual battery mod. It says 20amps on the 30Q but running it at that can make it go over its max temp rating, fine at 45 watts though, just if you ever want to up it. :)
Not on an regulated mod, even a single battery item.
Mooch rates the 30q @15 amps not 20, incidentally. Anyone using them in an unregulated mod, take note.

Will give those two a good look sometime soon, thanks for the recommendation!

And yeah I will be sure to get a suitable battery for the mods discharge rate next time, even if the 30Q is good at 45 watts.

Cant be too safe with batteries.

Back
Top Bottom