What's new

Battery Questions

Quahog5

Postman
Having only used a starter kit so far, Ive just bought a pulse 80w mod and berserker mtl rda. Also bought a couple of fogstar inr 3000mah 20700 batteries. Was just wondering with regard to best practice and safety, should I let the battery fully discharge before changing/recharging and also once a spare battery has been charged will it lose any charge over time even if it’s not in use?

Don't run them down too much, or overcharge them - keep them between 30 and 90%.

New batteries keep their charge well, and won't drop significantly for months.

Having only used a starter kit so far, Ive just bought a pulse 80w mod and berserker mtl rda. Also bought a couple of fogstar inr 3000mah 20700 batteries. Was just wondering with regard to best practice and safety, should I let the battery fully discharge before changing/recharging and also once a spare battery has been charged will it lose any charge over time even if it’s not in use?
First of all, no need to worry about over-discharging your battery because your mod won't... OK *shouldn't* let you, it has an in-built cutoff when the voltage gets below a certain level - usually around 3.2 although not all regulated mods are the same in that regard. My NX75 for example goes down to under 3V if I let it, and I don't believe that's healthy but that's unusual. All my other mods cut off much higher than that.
To maximise the lifespan of your cell though I would advocate recharging as soon as your mod starts dropping the Watts rather than wait for the actual cutoff. Some mods, such as the Sinuous P80 from Wismec for example, will even give you a readout on input voltage if you want, so you can choose exactly when to recharge.

The answer to your second question is yes but not much. If you left a fully charged cell on the shelf for a year you might lose about 20% of the capacity.

PS - if you're vaping at the full 80W that your mod is capable of you're going to need a 30Amp cell, never mind the mAh.

Last edited:
I try not to let my batteries get below 25% and I charge them in an external charger set at 0.5 amp. I can charge them at 2 amps but I have read that it will shorten their life span.

I dont let my batteries go down past 20% I also get rid after two years. I charge at lowest rate possible to increase battery quality and lifespan.

Back
Top Bottom