What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Base mix

Glycerol = Gycerin = VG

Aussie medical advice site.

Gycerol. Something to soothe a dry cough. Look it up.

IMG_20191011_160032.jpg

But don't vape honey, syrup or cough soothers. Just glycerol/glycerin/VG.

Regardless of what VG is sold as in the UK, given the bad press vaping has got in recent months, I am utterly dumfounded at the point proving, point scoring, proving one wrong, I'm right going on here. Unbelievable! Im shocked to be honest. Out here where every opportunity is taken to take down vaping, and yes you guys in the UK are just looking out at us under fire with your opinions, we are getting bans here, no nic in the country, online state vape buying bans. Other countries worse. You think we need the anti vapers locking onto "cough medicine as a base" for mixing!? Regardless of what you guys there use it for!? Really!? You think they are going to see it as harmless VG!? Pretty naïve if anyone does. Unbelievable! "Look what they say about vaping, oh vitamin oil, dont they get it, oh how terrible, they got it wrong" but yous then say "yes cough medicine is common and perfectly ok"
Well done!
Regardless of what VG is sold as in the UK, given the bad press vaping has got in recent months, I am utterly dumfounded at the point proving, point scoring, proving one wrong, I'm right going on here. Unbelievable! Im shocked to be honest. Out here where every opportunity is taken to take down vaping, and yes you guys in the UK are just looking out at us under fire with your opinions, we are getting bans here, no nic in the country, online state vape buying bans. Other countries worse. You think we need the anti vapers locking onto "cough medicine as a base" for mixing!? Regardless of what you guys there use it for!? Really!? You think they are going to see it as harmless VG!? Pretty naïve if anyone does. Unbelievable! "Look what they say about vaping, oh vitamin oil, dont they get it, oh how terrible, they got it wrong" but yous then say "yes cough medicine is common and perfectly ok"
Well done!
If the world is watching - they could do worse than to be educated by this thread and others like it.

Just to add:

The boots stuff is apparently fine to use as it's effectively the same stuff you get from vape suppliers but with a different label.

It does work out more expensive than buying online by the litre, but it's sometimes quicker and more convenient to pop into the chemist to grab some instead of waiting for a delivery.
Never knew that.
So honey, lemon and VG is the same as some sore throat remedies. [emoji4]

Im gonna put this down to cultural differences where one see's something the way another doesn't. Things in the US I'll never get, UK, Asian countries. As I'm sure many dont get some of the way we see things. So I'll respectfully bow of this one without changing my mind. :57:

Glycerine is an ingredient in cough medicine. It is NOT cough medicine.

It’s like saying water is tea. Or like saying I like to drink hand washing liquid -water.

The fella who said he uses cough medicine has got it wrong! He simply uses a substance that is used in cough syrups.

And yes @Jon The Vape you could make a cough syrup from that. :) You’d be better off melting a couple of spoons of honey in boiling water though. Add either juice of a lemon or juice of an orange, some crushed garlic and some ginger. Add a soluble lemsip to it and you’re sorted.

@Tazz no one is going to come away from this thread thinking it’s safe to vape cough medicine. I totally get where you’re coming from on this but I think this thread has more than debunked this. :)

Glycerine is an ingredient in cough medicine. It is NOT cough medicine.

By itself, VG (glycerol/glycerine/glycerin) is A cough medicine. As evidenced by the Boots value product.

The more common branded mixtures use it as a base and add other ingredients to (possibly) increase efficacy, add effects or taste.

By itself, VG (glycerol/glycerine/glycerin) is A cough medicine. As evidenced by the Boots value product.

The more common branded mixtures use it as a base and add other ingredients to (possibly) increase efficacy, add effects or taste.
It is being sold as one here but it is not specifically produced for this. Boots have given it a meaning.

This was my point.
Boots could sell water in glass bottles and call it a burn lotion because it can ease the initial pain. Then we could have people saying they put burn lotion in their tea or enjoy some burn lotion when they are thirsty.

It’s semantics and open to misinterpretation which I believe the OP’s mate has done.

But I stand by my original remark. I’m not trying to be argumentative but am saying that a generically used substance can be labelled as anything if we/they choose to do so.
I still think cough mixture/cough medicine is highly misleading and not totally correct. But if the guy wants to say he uses cough mixture then that’s up to him

edit: reading my first post I think I made a total pigs ear of why I am actually trying to say in this post. I apologise for that.

It is being sold as one here but it is not specifically produced for this. Boots have given it a meaning.

This was my point.
Boots could sell water in glass bottles and call it a burn lotion because it can ease the initial pain. Then we could have people saying they put burn lotion in their tea or enjoy some burn lotion when they are thirsty.

It’s semantics and open to misinterpretation which I believe the OP’s mate has done.

But I stand by my original remark. I’m not trying to be argumentative but am saying that a generically used substance can be labelled as anything if we/they choose to do so.
I still think cough mixture/cough medicine is highly misleading and not totally correct. But if the guy wants to say he uses cough mixture then that’s up to him

edit: reading my first post I think I made a total pigs ear of why I am actually trying to say in this post. I apologise for that.

I kind of get your point.

My point though was that the product is sold as such, so has that name.

After a cooking ingredient, it's probably the second most common usage (that the general public may be aware of) outside of vaping.

If water wasn't piped everywhere and it's most common usage was as a burn lotion (or as a solvent, because it's actually a very powerful solvent...) then it may well happen that people like to drink burn lotion ;)

Many many products are used for things that isn't the first intended use they were initially developed for, but the naming follows common usage.

Back
Top Bottom