What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Back after 3 years and confused

LDVJOE

Initiate
Hi everyone after a few years break I'm back on the vaping after discovering nic salts but after this time away everything has changed.

I'm running a aspire bp80 with 1ohm coils running 15w using yeti watermelon 60/40 juice 20mg nic salt, I'm getting a very subtle taste but not the flavour I was after. Before I used a smok 220w and the flavour was immense on that, have I forgotten to do something or is it just the high nic salt juice killing the flavour?

Thanks ldv

What W was you using the 220@?
What ohm coils were you using with the 220W?

Thats probably what the difference is.

Forgot to say welcome back to vaping
Thanks mate it was was about 2/3 years ago but I belive I was using 0.3 ohm coils maybe 0.4.
I did try a 0.17ohm mesh coil on my new set up but that got a nasty burnt taste after a hour or so what I've never done before and after some reading mesh coils was advised against use with nic salts

I have only just started vaping with a mod that is adjustable.

I have the choice of two pods.
One with 0.7ohm the other with 0.3ohm.

I notice a difference with the taste.
The 0.3ohm one has a fuller flavour

May be worth trying another coil somewhere in between the higher one and the lower one.

Hi everyone after a few years break I'm back on the vaping after discovering nic salts but after this time away everything has changed.

I'm running a aspire bp80 with 1ohm coils running 15w using yeti watermelon 60/40 juice 20mg nic salt, I'm getting a very subtle taste but not the flavour I was after. Before I used a smok 220w and the flavour was immense on that, have I forgotten to do something or is it just the high nic salt juice killing the flavour?

Thanks ldv

Hi and welcome back. Have you tried different flavours with the 1 ohm coil?

Thanks mate it was was about 2/3 years ago but I belive I was using 0.3 ohm coils maybe 0.4.
I did try a 0.17ohm mesh coil on my new set up but that got a nasty burnt taste after a hour or so what I've never done before and after some reading mesh coils was advised against use with nic salts
Its not the salts, if anything it would be the flavoring.

What wattage were u running the .17 at?

U r probably better off with that mod using the .6 ohm coils anyway

U did prime the .17 coil, correct?

(singed coils after an hour and bland flavor point to running the wattage too high)

Hi and welcome back. Have you tried different flavours with the 1 ohm coil?

Hi mate I have tried two different flavours one a menthol watermelon and the other a menthol black current, I might try and grab a vampire vape hisenberg as I remember this had a strong taste. I can't see it being the mod as I started out on a kangertech Togo 2 many years ago:18: terrible but at least I got flavour

Im not familiar with those mesh coils, but they also may not be wicking right, which would also cause the exact same symptoms.

They may need the pinhole in the juice port treatment, or something similar

Thanks for clearing up the nic salt question I can't remember what I was running it at but I always prime up fully until it can't take no more leave it 5 mins to soak in few pre puffs start at the low end of the recommended and work my way up. I did read online a mesh coil burns the nicotine due to the larger surface area. I'll swap juices grab a 0.6 coil and see how that goes if not ill just try the rba for the bp80 :)

Back
Top Bottom