What's new

Aspire PockeX Issues

Ayumu

Hello everybody!
I have recently purchased an Aspire Pockex and I am having a big trouble with it.
The point is that with the first two coils I have used I didn't have any issue, today I changed it with a 0.6 ohm coil and the aspire is gurgling, spitting and the top part becomes too hot to vape.
Thinking it could have been a flooded coil, I tried to blow some puff into it, but it didn't solve the issue. I can't even try to change the temperature with this device. Also, I unscrew the coil, tried to remove the extra juice and still no avail.
The liquid I am using is 70% VG, but since I am using that since the beginning I am sure it is not the source of the problem.
Any hint/help about this is really appreciated.
Thanks

I have an aspire nautilus and I'm forever having problems think they're shite but to solve this problem you need to take it apart flick the coil til no juice residue is left and refill. It's the only thing that works for me. It's because juice has somehow got in the middle of the coil and it has become flooded.

I’d try a 50/50 VG/PG juice in that bud. My wife has got the pockex and it struggles with the 70vg. As you say there is no variable wattage so you just need to go for thinner eliquid

Did you put the coil in the top cap first or in to the base?
Prime it, pop it in the top part, fill upto the line then screw down, wait 5 minutes and all should be good.
I use 60/40 in mine and have never had an issue

Sometimes you can just get a duff coil you know even with a well respected brand like aspire I'd recommend changing the coil out and seeing if you have the same problem [emoji6]

Sometimes you can just get a duff coil you know even with a well respected brand like aspire I'd recommend changing the coil out and seeing if you have the same problem [emoji6]

∆∆∆ This ∆∆∆

As Matty says, faulty coils can happen, ever owned a Smok tank? You will know all about faulty coils if you have.

Aspire coils generally are very very good, but rarely a bad one can slip through. That's exactly what it sounds like.

Strip the tank down and remove the coil. Bin the coil. Give it all a good clean up with kitchen roll especially the small connector at the top of the mod where the coils connects. Take a new coil and dab alittle liquid on any exposed cotton. Fill the tank to the fill line. Screw coil into top cap then into the device. Leave it a few minutes and then you're good to go.

70/30 is alittle thick for the PockEx. If you are only using it once every 5 or 10 mins, won't be a big issue but if you start to use it more, the cotton can't wick fast enough and will burn the coil out. We recommend 50/50 liquids for the PockEx.

Well, good to know that the Pockex can't handle this 70vg juices, I wonder why in the store they sold me that, I agreed to buy it only because it was cheap.
But as I said with vaping as a normal cig substitute for five minutes, it was ok for one week.
What I did was changing the coil and the problem disappeared straight, so I am somehow relieved.
I left the faulty coil to dry, when is time to replace it, I will use this one and see if can be saved or not.

In addition, when I changed the coil I did everything properly: unscrewing the old one, putting on the new one, priming and popping it in the tank. Nothing too much idiotic by my side.

I will also make sure I will use 50/50 juices in the future, so the coils will last longer as long as I am on prebuilt ones.

Thanks a lot

Well, good to know that the Pockex can't handle this 70vg juices, I wonder why in the store they sold me that, I agreed to buy it only because it was cheap.
But as I said with vaping as a normal cig substitute for five minutes, it was ok for one week.
What I did was changing the coil and the problem disappeared straight, so I am somehow relieved.
I left the faulty coil to dry, when is time to replace it, I will use this one and see if can be saved or not.

In addition, when I changed the coil I did everything properly: unscrewing the old one, putting on the new one, priming and popping it in the tank. Nothing too much idiotic by my side.

I will also make sure I will use 50/50 juices in the future, so the coils will last longer as long as I am on prebuilt ones.

Thanks a lot
Not strictly true. The nautilus x can handle most 70% vg juices. Problem is that's about the maximum that coil likes and not all vg I'd equal ie: some are thicker than others.
You will find it performs best wicking and flavour wise at 50 or 60% vg but it sounds like a faulty coil. Happens all the time. Over or under wicked in production can cause either poor liquid wicking or flooding which is what you've suffered.
It's actually a decent little simple mod and probably one of the best for coil quality but as I say they can often have a poor coil or two in the pack.

Hi, I’ve been using an Aspire Pockex for months now and it has always worked fine. I broke the glass so was using another pen while i waited for the replacement piece to arrive. I’ve just replaced the glass last night and put a new coil in but when I tried it out there was just a strong taste of burnt plastic. I’ve tried 3 brand new coils in it since and still having the same problem. Does anyone know what might cause that problem? I’m leaving it to stand for 15 mins before firing so the wick should be soaked by then. I’m also using thin liquid 70%PG 30%VG as advised by my local store.

A good trick to remember with high VG or full VG liquids, is that you can use a little Distilled Water to thin them down.

Just remember that you can always add, but you cannot take away.

Back
Top Bottom