What's new

Aspire BCV Coils clogging after 24 hours - help please!

It's looking like this might be the only solution to my problem. I really have no idea where to start though as there seems to be so many variables in terms of equipment and method etc. Could you maybe point me in the right direction to get started? I'm only interested in MTL vaping and I'd lke to keep my Zelos mod if possible. Thanks!

There is a ton of decent MTL RTAs about now, but I would say that a good one to start with would be the True tank

https://www.naturevape.co.uk/true-mtl-rta-by-ehpro-naturevape

Also you would need to start checking out youtube vids on coil building and wicking and asking questions on here.

There is a build vid at the bottom of the above linked page btw

Thanks for all comments I'll give this a go... so would the self-build coil actually take longer to gunk up with these liquids? or is it only that it's much cheaper to re-build one of these than to replace a stock coil?

Thanks for all comments I'll give this a go... so would the self-build coil actually take longer to gunk up with these liquids? or is it only that it's much cheaper to re-build one of these than to replace a stock coil?
The coil will gunk up the same however you don't need to throw a coil away it's just a case of taking the tank off the base pulling the cotton out the coil and dry firing it then brushing the gunk off and adding more cotton, this or even changing your coil every time it gets gunked up only costs pennies

It should last longer,due to the wicking.Theres no way of telling how a stock coil is wicked unless you dismantle it.Loose cotton is a familiar problem in stock coils.

Thanks for all the advice. After reading a few reviews I opted for the Ammit MTL RDA tank and coilmaster v3 kit. I must say that the Ammit MTL build quality is very fine indeed and making coils with the CM V3 is a breeze, but I have a question about resistance...

Since the stock Nautilus coils are 1.8ohm, I'm assuming that I'll need somewhere around 1.5-1.8ohm coils in order for the Ammit to provide a similar vaping experience as the Nautilus (lowest airflow setting and 12W)?

I tried using the 1ohm coil that came with the Ammit, but I got poor vapour production at 12W with that coil and a mouthful of juice on the third draw at low airflow setting, this never happened with the nautilus so I assume that I was sucking in juice faster than the coil could burn it off? So should I have simply used a much higher wattage or maybe a higher res coil?

I did try making a 1.5ohm coil with the coilmaster included 24ga wire, but even with 12 turns on the coil I could not get more than 0.7ohms out of it. Do I need thinner gauge wire? If so what size so I need?

Cheers.

Thanks for all the advice. After reading a few reviews I opted for the Ammit MTL RDA tank and coilmaster v3 kit. I must say that the Ammit MTL build quality is very fine indeed and making coils with the CM V3 is a breeze, but I have a question about resistance...

Since the stock Nautilus coils are 1.8ohm, I'm assuming that I'll need somewhere around 1.5-1.8ohm coils in order for the Ammit to provide a similar vaping experience as the Nautilus (lowest airflow setting and 12W)?

I tried using the 1ohm coil that came with the Ammit, but I got poor vapour production at 12W with that coil and a mouthful of juice on the third draw at low airflow setting, this never happened with the nautilus so I assume that I was sucking in juice faster than the coil could burn it off? So should I have simply used a much higher wattage or maybe a higher res coil?

I did try making a 1.5ohm coil with the coilmaster included 24ga wire, but even with 12 turns on the coil I could not get more than 0.7ohms out of it. Do I need thinner gauge wire? If so what size so I need?

Cheers.

About 28awg wire or 29awg 0.28mm wire....

6 wraps should do it around a 2.5mm ID coil on 29awg should get you about 1.5 Ohm
or
8 wraps on a bit thicker 28awg will get about 1.5 Ohm

(depends on how ultra tight the coil is pulled and if wrapping tool is truly 2.5mm or a bit over/under
Cheapo Chinese coil kits have say 2.4mm passing off as 2.5mm & 2.85mm passing off as 3.0mm)

might as well buy 37.5m - makes about 300 coils (8 coils each meter say will give you 300 coils)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kanthal-...hash=item2efe321b30:m:mP8QwHqVrdDI38Adimx2uBg

see steam engine for coil wrapping calculator stuff:

http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html

have fun

0.3mm Kanthal A1 wire is perfect for this (it's between 28 and 29 gauge)

https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/wire/KANTHAL-REELS-SPOOLS

It is StealthVape but on fleabay with cheaper price once you add shipping on their site

£5:99 all inc for 37.5m

dunno why but many many places end up being being cheaper on fleabay with free shipping
(yet they gotta pay fleabay fees ??? some retailers need to address their postage charges)

There are plenty of lemon flavours out there that don't contain sweetener.
I did try several lemon flavours but, with the exception of Doozy Salts fizzy lemon, they all had some kind of menthol 'ice' ingredient that totally spoiled it for me. Actually though I only wanted the lemon to mix with a lime flavour as a possible alternative to the Ohmbrew lemon/lime lolly flavour that I love soooo much.

Hopefully the Ammit RTA will solve this issue anyway but, just to add insult to injury, the last stock Nautilus BVC coil I used has lasted 5 days now on this juice without clogging at all, unlike the previous 10 which lasted 2 weeks between them! Just goes to show the awful inconsistency in quality of mass produced coils.

Back
Top Bottom